Please Help

Angelmay

I have posted this before and didn't get any response, appreicate your comments and answers.

We will be sailing on Carnival Glory on August 28th.

Cozumel - Snokerling, take a taxi to chankanaab park

#1: We have the gears except fins, can we rent the fins and life jacket at the park?

#2 Can we bring the towels from the ship and use in the park? # Changing and shower available in the parK?

Belize - Can't decide cave tubing or Myan ruin. Is cave tubing safe for someone can't swim? What is the best Myan ruin to tour in Belize? Please recommend a tour company for Myan ruin.

Progesso - Thinking to go Chichen Itza and booking from the ship (7 hours long, $77 pp). Any suggestion for relialbe company if we do on our own to Chichen Itza? Thank you

Did you try the ports of call board? They have lots of info.

You can take your beach towels off the ship for use. You can also rent fins and a life jacket onboard if needed. Do the rental right away because they go quickly.

Angelmay- I don't know much about those ports as I have only done horseback riding in Cozumel. I would suggest that you also try visiting the Ports of Call Message board here for some great suggestions. You can get there by using the "Forum Jump" area at the bottom of the page. Good Luck!

You can get your fins and vests at Chak. I think a vest was $3 and the fins are probably the same. Nice fresh water changing rooms and showers. Only used the one so don't know how many. Yes, you are allowed to take the towels just keep an eye on them. You are charged if they are not returned.

I would suggest that you take the excursion offered by the ship if you want to go to Chichen Itza. It's a long drive out and back. If you're on a ship sponsored excursion and something happens to delay you, the ship should wait for you to get back. If you do this on your own and something happens, you're left standing at the pier. The ruins are well worth the time!

Angel, Hoski's correct. There are several dive shops right by the snorkeling area - directly behind the lifeguard tower. I had my own snorkel and mask, but I rented fins and vest at $3 each. I also take my own cheapie $4 WalMart beach towels. I do not want to lose a Carnival towel and have to pay the $22 for it!

Guest Time2gocruzn

I can't give you too many answers, but I am researching a couple of these ports also. It helps to post on the ports of call boards, and Carnival boards on this site as well as:

www.cruisemates.com AND www.cruise-addicts.com

I must say that I think this site is the best, but it doesn't hurt to post the same ?'s elsewhere, you get more answers that way.

I would put names of the ports you have ?'s about in your subject line. That may encourage more people to read it. Good Luck!!:)

Archived