Haven't even left for 1st cruise and already suffering PCD....

Christine in MO

We leave on our fourth cruise in 53 days and I too am dreading PCD already. :o All I can tell you is to savor every moment, take a TON of pictures and look forward to booking your next cruise.....cuz it will happen sooner than you think! :p It is after all the only known cure for PCD! :cool:

Have fun!:)

We just got back 3 days ago from our first cruise! I'm in a horrible mood and it is cold here! Think I'll just move to Mexico where it was 100 degress last week. :( DH is back overseas working again for the next 6 months, but as soon as I find out when he will be home I'm definitely booking another cruise (maybe for even before we do the courtesy family visits)!

What you have is Pre-cruise depression. It seems to be common enough. I mean how long can you maintain an emotional high? Not to worry. It happens to others as well. And then there is the post-cruise depression. The cure for both? Take a cruise! :)

my advice, dont think about it. once you're there and having fun you wont have time to dread when its over, you'll be enjoying the now. as my friend said when we got on, 'you know its already over' to which i said 'nope, its only just begun'. yes it goes by fast and PCD can be bad. but after a week of being back you accept your mundane life and 8-5 work week and you get over it. reading these forums help too :)

Archived