want to book capt. marvin but ??

leahmariess

i want to book through captain marvins and add on the hell and turle farm also. should i book the 10-1pm tour(we are in cayman from 8am-4pm) is that enough time to do hell and turtle farm after? the short excursion starts at 830 and i dont think thats enough time..what do you recommend?:confused:

i also want to do the rum tour? can u do this everything else? is it near any of these thingS?

Thanks again !

Ruth or Joan at Captain Marvin's will know what tours you will be able to fit into your schedule. I'd email CM's and tell them the ship, the time you are in port, and what you want to do.

The first time we were in GC, we wanted to do the early snorkel, but Joan told us we wouldn't be able to get off the ship in time...and she was right. We ended up doing the 11:15 trip (I think), and had a great time.

It also will depend on what ship you are on and how they handle the time issue. Some ships alter their clocks to match island time, sometimes island time and ship time are the same (depending on where you sail from and what time of the year you are sailing). But they know all this. :)

Have a great time. We've used them twice, and had a great time both times. We're going back this January and plan on using them again.

Hi there,

I live here in Grand Cayman. Captain Marvin's are good guys, you'll have an awesome time in Stingray City. However, I really wouldn't bother with Hell and the Turtle Farm - a complete waste of time. Especially Hell - there's nothing there! If you want an amazing experience; take a helicopter ride. You'll see sharks and stingrays in the clear water and the whole island. A bit pricey at around $80-90 per person for a 30 min ride, though. Or just go and lie on Seven Mile Beach. Unless you want to shop for duty free watches and jewelry the town centre is a waste of time. We who live here only go there to use the banks!

I agree that hell is a waste of time, small place, some rocks and a gift shop. We were on the Century the week of the 11/13 we booked the 8:30 tour. Ship docked at 7:00 and the first tender was going out at 7:30. I know the 8:30 is doable. Also we had the Captain himself on the 8:30 tour. It takes about 5 minute to walk to Captain Marvins. Whatever you choose to do, have a great time.

Hi there,

I live here in Grand Cayman. Captain Marvin's are good guys, you'll have an awesome time in Stingray City. However, I really wouldn't bother with Hell and the Turtle Farm - a complete waste of time. Especially Hell - there's nothing there! If you want an amazing experience; take a helicopter ride. You'll see sharks and stingrays in the clear water and the whole island. A bit pricey at around $80-90 per person for a 30 min ride, though. Or just go and lie on Seven Mile Beach. Unless you want to shop for duty free watches and jewelry the town centre is a waste of time. We who live here only go there to use the banks!

Thanks for a local's perspective - I always appreciate when the locals speak up to help us tourists! I am not interested in water sports - don't even own a bathing suit....:eek: So - why go to the Carribbean? cuz that is where the ship is headed and I want a week of relaxation on a cruise......

Am also afraid of the helicopter - did that in Alaska and about passed out from fright - I am really afraid of heights......

Don't like hoards of folks either - and there will be 6 ships in port when we go..... not into shopping.....

So - what in the world DO I enjoy??? :confused: I love hiking and walking thru beautiful scenery -- so -- am wondering what you might suggest for our day in George Town? I thought maybe the trolley car would be fun and give a quick overview of the town....any pretty walking excursions near by the port area -- a place to get a map so we would know where to go? If I decided to strike out alone (my pals are into shopping...) I would certainly want to stay in safe areas...... I also thought maybe the Nautilus tour might be fun???? not the Atlantis since it is fully submerged.....

I have been to Cozumel so will stay on the ship that port day - but I do want to get off in George Town --

Any suggestions???

Thanks a bunch! :)

Archived