Suggestions for short stay in GC

GT108

Hi

We will be visiting Grand Cayman on the Inspiration in Feb.

It will be a short day, 7am to 2pm so we are not sure what we have time to do.

Do we have time for Sting Ray City on such a short stay?

Are there other options more suitable?

Thank for your help.

We were on the Inspiration recently with the same port schedule. We did an 8:30am Stingray City and snorkel tour with Captain Marvin's. I highly recommend using a private tour company like Captain Marvin's instead of using a "cattle car" ship-based excursion.

http://www.captainmarvins.com/

What time did they get you back on the ship when you went with Captain Marvin's?

Thanks,

Deb

I've used Captain Marvin in the past.

For the upcoming trip, I was a bit worry about not getting back to the ship on time with such an early departure time.

jmo1,

I am also interested in knowing what time you got back on your outing with Captain Mavin.

I heard there were sightseeing trolley you can take from the pier.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Cost?

Links - Websites etc?

Thanks.

What time did they get you back on the ship when you went with Captain Marvin's?

Thanks,

Deb

Catain Marvin's bus driver delivered us back to George Town about 11:00 local time, that was 12:00 ship time during daylight savings time. We shopped for a while. The line to get on a tender was several hundred feet long in the hot sun. I knew the ship wasn't going anywhere while people where waiting for tenders, so we sat down on benches in the shade of the tender terminal, and waited for the line to reach us. We were back on the ship about 1:40 ship time or about 20-minutes before we set sail.

• 3 weeks later...

I would recommend scheduling on your own and not through the cruise ship and you can do so ahead of time. We really liked Ebanks Watersports with Capt. Shawn because he has smaller tours and it is more personalized, plus he will do whatever he can to make sure you get back in time and he can schedule you around your schedule. You can check them out at www.ebankswatersports.com and his contact information is on his website, or you can call him directly at 345-925-5273. He gets back to you immediately and is extremely helpful and very nice.

Good luck and have fun.

Archived