NCL Kids' crew for under 2 yr. olds

babars

We'll be cruising out of NYC on the NCL Dawn on Jan. 7, 2007 with our 14-month old daughter. The Kids' Crew doesn't seem to have any program for children under 2. I called NCL and the rep. said that such children are allowed to be in the Kids' Crew room as long as a parent is also present.

Has anyone had any experience with the Kids' Crew and a child under 2? Are there things to do for my daughter in the Kids' Crew area?

Thanks.

Depends on your toddler.

There are toys that she could play with and maybe coloring/paper/arts stuff. The TV and sing alongs with the other kids may be enjoyable as well.

But that's a heck of a lot more than you'll get at a land-based holiday.

Plus you'll get to meet other parents with similar aged kids.

• 3 weeks later...
We'll be cruising out of NYC on the NCL Dawn on Jan. 7, 2007 with our 14-month old daughter. The Kids' Crew doesn't seem to have any program for children under 2. I called NCL and the rep. said that such children are allowed to be in the Kids' Crew room as long as a parent is also present.

Has anyone had any experience with the Kids' Crew and a child under 2? Are there things to do for my daughter in the Kids' Crew area?

Thanks.

We're planning a simmilar cruise - the spirit out of NYC w/ my DD who will be 12 months at the time. My husband actually spoke w/ an NCL rep today. As you mentioned, the kids are allowed to play in the kids crew room, and will 'probably' be allowed to attend the activities for the 2-5 age group as long as my husband or I go with her. Now, I don't know if those activities will be too advanced for her or not, but its nice to know thats an option.

I'd like to hear others responses who may have had experience with this.

We waited to cruise with our kids until the youngest one was 2 so that we wouldn't have to worry about it. But, from what I've read on these boards and what others have said, children under 2 are not allowed in NCL's Kid Crew except when it's closed for the other kids and when accompanied by a parent. The NCL reps usually aren't much help about these kinds of things. I'd suggest going over to the NCL board and ask the question there.

Happy Sailing!

Archived