Update Please-steel drum band

purrmeister

Going on our first Magic cruise Dec 9th. Cruised before with RCL and had steel drum band and it was great. I just can't believe they have taken it off of the Disney Magic, on a carribean cruise. Has anyone found out why or if it's back?

Hi,

I am the OP who posted about the band being removed.

We just got off the 11/25 Magic and there was still NO steel drum band!!

many were disappointed as I was and they did fill out their comment cards asking them to bring the band back. Many have written to DCL about this and we have high hopes they will bring them back soon.

Any changes with big corporations always take a few months, so we keep writing and encouraging others to write until they bring them back.

It just wasnt the same without them:(

Let us know if they're back by the time you cruise?? Thanks,

mom x4,grandma x4

Thanks Kathy,

I did go back and read all of your thread details about the missing steel drums. I'll be sure to go and voice my disappointment if they are not there . And it sounds like they won't be. I have two little ones to keep me busy so I guess I'll just have to try and go with the "non caribbean" flow! We leave tomorrow . I'll post any response I get when we return.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

No steel drum band as we all thought. When we were on the Dec 9th cruise we did talk to the cruise director Rachel about it. She said thought it was "interesting" that we were asking because nobody ever gave feedback either positive or negative about the steel drum band being onboard. They are trying something new with the band on the ship and will be showing concerts on the goofy pool jumbo tv. Sorry, not the same. Their new band, NTWINE, was truly awful in our opinion.

I know that Rachael herself may not of heard feed back, but I know several hundred people from 5 cruise boards that have written to DCL about this. I have written myself a couple of times and put it on my comment card at the end of the cruise too.

I even took the time to hadn write a letter on the stationary in my room about this and dropped it in the suggestion box as we left the ship.

So DCL does know how many people feel about this.

www.guest.communications@disneycruise.com

That is the address to write and tell DCL how you feel. It is important that everyone express their opinions about Ntwine and the Steel Drum Band to DCL. If enough people keep writing at least we know they know how we feel and DCL is famous for listening to their guests suggestions for changes.

Unfortunately change does take time, so dont give up, just keep telling them how you feel!!

Kathy

I will def. put my comments in the suggestion box next month. No steel band is ridiculous for a caribbean cruise! This is only our 2nd cruise, but last year when we did RCCL it was so relaxing and enjoyable sitting poolside with my cocktail, the sun shining and the steel band in the background! :)

Ok, I need to put my 2 cents in here........

Just got back from the 7-day Eastern on the Magic and I thought that NTWINE was a very nice band. In fact, I thought it was very nice that they split the band into different duets and so forth through out the ship during the course of the week. It made it very interesting and gave us entertainment every where!

Maybe the rest of you are trained opera singers or something so maybe you "know" better then me but I think most people will find the house band to be very good and quite entertaining.

This is our second cruise on the Magic in less then a year. In September we had XOP as the house band and they were also very good. But hey, I seem to have an untrained ear so don't go by me!! Or maybe I was too busy having fun to pick apart the very adequate entertainment!

I would also like to mention that it seems that Disney has added more entertainment to the week. In September we spent a lot of time listening to the XOP band which was fine with us. This time there were more skits and entertainers sprinkled between sets of the house band.

One last thing, we very much enjoyed the sail away party, with or without a steel drum band. But hey, we are fun loving people!!

Hope everyone has a great time and don't get stuck comiserating over a missing band!! :D

Archived