Upsell Questions

Wanderlust30

Hello! First I would like to apologize to the regulars who have probably answered these questions about a thousand times. Okay, here is our situation. . .

We are booked in a category D stateroom (oceanview picture window) on the 1/18 Dawn out of NYC. I would like to upgrade to a balcony if we could get a good deal. Can we call NCL and ask for an upsell deal or do we have to wait for a call? I have noticed that Oceanviews are sold out on this cruise but balconies are still available, does that make us more likely to get a call about an upsell? We have never cruised with NCL before does that make us less likely to get a call about an upsell?

For the regular NCL cruisers, how often do you get called for an upsell (1 in 10, 1 in 5, etc.) Basically, what I am asking is should we be expecting a call or feel like we won the lottery if we get it?

TIA

Carrie

Oh and one more thing, could someone post the link to the website where you type in your room number and ship and it shows you a picture of the room.

Thanx.

You can go to http://www.cruisestateroom.com/

As far as upsells you cannot call to get an upsell as I have learned from these boards. It seems to be luck of the draw. LUCKY me, I got called for a great upsell for my February sailing on the Jewel, I am now cruising in a Courtyard Villa and can't wait.

If you booked yourself directly through NCL, then you can call them to upgrade. You will pay the difference between what you paid for your stateroom and the price for the new stateroom. If you used a travel agent, the travel agent will need to call.

Good luck!! I'm sure some of the more experienced members may be better able to explain.

Some get the UPSELL FAIRY call, others do not. We were first time cruisers on NCL this past October (we had booked directly through NCL). Six days before we cruised, we got THE call.

I had called NCL directly about a month or so out and was advised that the calls are random and they were not taking requests.

I don't think you need to apologize for asking a question that many here are already familiar with...at least not in my book. I came here with no information and kept asking. The folks here were terrific..answering and responding whenever they could...and ALWAYS willing to share their experiences and insight.

I know nothing about asking for an upgrade and defer to those with experience in such matters.

Have a wonderful trip!

Ciao,

W A W W

We've sailed NCL twice and were offered an upsell on the 2nd. The first, we could only go one category higher (owner's suite on the Norway ~ may she rest in peace), and both Owner's were booked so no chance of an upsell. The second, we (me, dh, 2 kids) booked an AF Mini suite. 2 days after final payment, we received a call from NCL (well ok our TA did) offering us an AB Penthouse for a total of $1000. It would have been $4000 more if we had booked it outright. Next June we sail on the Dawn again. And, we loved the AB so much that we booked it outright this time. I doubt we'll get a call because the only category higher that will accommodate all 4 of us is the Garden Villa and both are booked.

Happy Sailing!! :D

Joie- how much $ did they offer the upgrade from OV to balcony for? And do you know how that compared to the original price difference when you made the reservation?

thanks,

doug

The upgrade was free. :DWhen I was at the embarkation check-in, they informed me that I had been upgraded (no charge) to a balcony.

An "upsell" is when you get "THE CALL" from NCL informing you that, for such-and-such an amount of money, you can "move on up" to better and bigger accommodations.

Archived