Edventures ziplining and Cenotes tours with younger kids...

igitur

After reading rave reviews from all of you, I went ahead and contacted Eduardo from Edventures. He replied within hours and gave me a very neat itinerary for our day in Mexico for the four of us including our children, ages 6 and 8. My question to those of you who've done it, is the ziplining and Cenotes tour do-able for kids that young? My 8 year old daughter is very excited about the prospect but I'd hate for us to get there only to discover she's too small to partake in the activities. They both swim so snorkeling won't be a problem.

Thanks for any help!

Deb

My eight year old did the zipline, cenote snorkel and lagoon snorkel and loved it all. No problems. Eleven year old was nervous about the cenote swim because it was a bit dark although open on one side so not pitch dark. Your six year old may be too short to do the zipline, but she could wait at the bottom of the zipline and watch. After doing both the the zipline and cenote swim, we wished we had more time at the cenote. The zipline is fun but very quick and one straight shot down. The cenote you use a flashlight under the water to see the stalagmites (or stalagtites) and entrances to caves underwater. At one point, we even swam over a scuba diver following a rope path down there. and it is very, very cool. Our family had never been snorkeling before and discovered we loved it.

I believe by using tour guides like Edventure, who you know do a good job because of first hand accounts from others who have used them, are the best way to go. There is no trying to find a taxi, making sure your going to the right place, can you get me back on time, I didn't know it would take that long .... Ed and Bonnie will see you get to do the most you can while keeping you on scheduale for the boat. You also don't have to worry about what to do with your things while your swimming or ziplining, Carlos stays with the van and keeps an eye on things which is a big help. Good luck and enjoy!

Thanks Scooby, for the reassuring words!

I did go ahead and book with Edventures and I'm really looking forward to spending the day with them! My daughter is so excited about the Monkey Sanctuary and Bonnie has been great emailing me with details.

Had I not booked with them, and waited to rent a taxi when we got there, I'd probably be agonizng over the next several weeks, wondering what we were in for when we arrived.

One less worry about the trip!

Deb

Archived