Diet Coke

EVJTA

You can buy Diet Coke on board (by the glass or can) just like you can buy Regular Coke or pretty much any other kind of drink.

I would worry about bringing it aboard with me in case they found it and took it away. I would hate to lose it because that means I'm losing money as well. :eek:

Any brand of soft drinks are allowed to be brought on board, including Coke products, even though that's the brand they sell.

Nobody will take any away from you. Can bring them in plain open sight. No problem whatsoever. They allow a 'reasonable' amount.

We brought a 12 pack on our last cruise. We like to have the cans in the room, so we can have a drink whenever we want one. If we are out of the cabin and want a Diet Coke...we just buy one.

Like the other folks said...no one will take it away from you

I always take a 6-pack of bottled diet Coke and a 6-pack of bottled water. I pack them in my suitcase in a gallon-size ziploc bag - that I then have for other things on the way home.

I do buy a soda card for my boys - but for me, since I only drink 1 diet coke a day, this is better. Plus, I'm picky - I prefer the bottle over can or fountain.

I take the bottled water and our portable water filter (which is a little larger than a 12-oz can) so I can refill the bottles - I drink lots of water, and this helps me maintain at least one healthy habit while I'm gone!

We're lucky that we live in South Carolina and always drive to the Florida ports, but if you're coming in by plane you can always ask your taxi driver to swing by a convenience store to pick some up!

wld you really do that to save a couple of bucks on soda??? Now, beer ... i wld do it for beer.:p

i don't know about you guys, but i can't drive from my home to the Port. i have to fly and with that, carry all of my cr*p with me. Lug 12 packs of diet coke too? No way. Never.

If you booked your own air and get a cab at the airport, just have the cabbie stop at a store and pick up a 12 pack. That way you don't have to worry about it on the flight but can still bring your own drinks aboard.

Yes, exactly........stop at a store and pick up your supply of coke before embarkation. AND.......what would the price of the coke be SHOULD it be taken away.......and I REPEAT......SHOULD it be taken away (which it won't)? Here in Buffalo, you can purchase 5 six packs for $10.00, on sale, of course. In any event, still cheaper than purchasing on board.:D

AND.......what would the price of the coke be SHOULD it be taken away.......and I REPEAT......SHOULD it be taken away (which it won't)?

I don't know why folks keep worrying about this......:confused:

Carnival allows a reasonable amount to be brought on board. It will NOT be taken away, period.:)

As a word of caution from one who learned the hard way...haha...

I purchased a 12-pack of Diet Coke cans in Fort Lauderdale before boarding my last cruise. I unpacked the 12-pack and wrapped each can individually in clothing and stuck it in my checked luggage that I gave to the porters at the pier. I just knew it would be fine, but wouldn't you know, when my luggage arrived at my cabin, Diet Coke had spewed out all over the clothes in the bag because one of the cans had busted. Needless to say, I made good use of Holland America's unlimited laundry service that week...haha.

Moral of the story - carry on your sodas yourself - although I packed wine inside clothing in another suitcase and it arrived just fine...go figure!

• 4 months later...
On our last 2 Carnival cruises we hand carried (2) 12-packs of Diet Coke on board. Everything worked out fine. I must have that can first thing in the morning.

amen friend :)

HUGE Diet Coke drinker. I brought on a 12-pack for the room (2 weeks ago) no problem. I also bought the soda card and it was well worth it. If you buy them individually it's $2.02 with tip each, that is $24.00 for a 12 pack. The soda card is about $6 a day, which is 3 cokes. I can drink way more than that. I know I know, not good for me yada yada, but I still drink it! The soda card was so worth it.

Gotta have my "caffiene-free diet coke", night and day. I bring a flat (from Costco), of the stuff. Most ships don't carry caffiene-free!

I buy a cheap plastic tub with a cover (Walmart). Put the cans/drinking mugs and some water bottles inside. Tape it shut. Put a luggage tag on it. Drop it with the rest of my suitcases and have it delivered by the porter. ;)

Works everytime....you can also just put your luggage tag directly on the flat (it's packed for shipping anyway) and have that delivered to your cabin.

I use the tub as an ice chest, while cruising (the steward fills it with ice, everyday) leave the tub behind for the steward or I take it home...depending on how much I want to shlep!

Archived