Qm2 Dress Code In Alternative Restaurants

pasavant

Malcolm my dear...I'm thinking you may be having a tad too much time on your hands while you wait for the weekend to arrive. Good grief man, how'd you do all the above?

Do all what above?:confused:

(You are right though, I do have plenty of time on my hands :) )

MAlcolm...I was referring to your reply #40...but by the time I got my comment posted it looks like a few others got in front of me...never mind...so now it's Wednesday evening (in the US)...getting closer. We'll miss you....

Threadless...Of course we do...love you that is.

And Karie...it's I-95 heading north to SC but what's a few numbers. We took it and got home...and now reality really is setting in. What a bummer!!

Cheers, Penny...still wishfully Live from the QM2

Penny,

When you live your life via what highway you are near, it is a sad commentary, is it not!

Sorry about that. 91 is up here. 95 goes from Maine to Miami (and 95 North and South runs East-West through Connecticut! <LOL> We never did have any sense of direction up here... or we'd have headed south a long time ago!)

I guess that means it is time for me to mail these articles I've saved for you (therapy dogs, plus another about dancing with dogs- competitions! I refuse to dance with anything with 4 legs that dances better than me!)

<sigh>

Well,I am almost getting used to this working 10 PM to 6 AM. and Monday it will be time for me to go back on regular shift! <yawn!> I was never amonring person to begin with!

Well, at least I had some excitement tonight. A problem I had to fix. Better than stuffing my face and being on cruisecritic ALL night! well, at least that's what they're PAYING me to do, not cruise the cruise critic site!

Karie,

who has only an hour and a half to go

Perhaps you should go back and re-read my post. I said that, if you don't want to dress up, there are plenty places to eat without dressing up,...and this is Cunard's doing, not mine. If dressing down on board was going to be outlawed, they wouldn't offer a casual alternative. I personally like to dress up,...there's nothing cooler than gliding down the staircase of the Britannia Restaurant looking one's best...it's very Fred Astaire (not that I could ever pass for him).

The overall message of my post was to say that this topic has been burned at the stake so many times it makes the burning of Joan of Arc look like a weenie roast. No matter what ANYONE says here, folks are going to dress the way they damn well please,...

And as far as my "attitude" leading to the wearing of MOTORHEAD t-shirts, I think you need a reality check. Dressing down and dressing to intentionally offend are two different things entirely.

Lastly, screaming at me to take a different Line only re-enforces how far off the mark you are. There's nothing you can teach me about dressing up (or down), about cruising, or about proper behavior,....if you only knew.

Linerguy

This topic has been beaten to death. While we enjoy putting on the glad rags (and consider the quality of dining and atmosphere two of the most important attributes of a cruise line), I think it's time to move away from this subject. The best that can be said is that we all agree to disagree. We all love Cunard (obviously) and have our own reasons for choosing this line over others, but to expect things to remain as they were 30 or 40 years ago is simply not reasonable. There are far more important issues to deal with and focus our energies on (like planning our next cruise:D ).

Happy holidays to all.

I just posted a comment about this subject in another thread, which see. I agree with the one who said dressing up is half the fun. My wife and I loved getting 'ready for dinner' each evening. And as I mentioned in that other post, wearing a dress suit that is of good quality and a good fit, is really very comfortable.

Sincerely,

Don

P.S. I pretty much skipped from the initial post to formulating my response, so if I missed anything, like bitterness and rancor, I do apologize for that. I hope my comments will still make a certain amount of sense...

I can't believe people cruise a certain line just because of what they wear for dinner.

I myself am on standby for a VC cruise. I thought the itinerary was great and the new ship worth a look at.

Some have suggested "Get another cruise if you don't want to dress up"

Others would say "Stay home from the cruise...save your money and dress up.... and go to your local posh restaurant"

Come on ...lets all give a little!

If I am able to go I will greet all my fellow passengers with a smile...I am sure they have enough knowledge to dress within reason.

If I am able to go I will greet all my fellow passengers with a smile...I am sure they have enough knowledge to dress within reason.

I doubt that you will have anything to worry about; unless it's really, really hot, you all will be wearing more than a smile.

Good luck on the standby,

Paul

I doubt that you will have anything to worry about; unless it's really, really hot, you all will be wearing more than a smile.

Good luck on the standby,

Paul

Good one Paul!....(giggle)

I hope you are on my cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived