Infinity Questions ?????........

melika091900

;) Hello all,

We will be sailing on the infinity 4/8/07 to hawaii 14days RT san diego, me ( 28) my DH (30) daughter ( 6) and mom ( 65)

I have a few questions about the ship if anyone can help me,,

weve been on mercury, if theres any comparison there.

so is their an inside pool also ?

kid area ?

free ice cream?

how are the shows?

the inside of the ship , any thoughts ?

an inside cabin? how is the room in the bathroom, and closet ?

alot of things to keep a child entertained?

ages onboard?

any other comments or anything anyone would like to share about the infinity , please tell,,,

thank you all in advance, we cant wait to sail on celebrtiy again..

oh yeah they also said something to me that they have casual dining now for breakfast and dinner ? can anyone say how this went? thanks

;) Hello all,

kid area ? Yes a super one

free ice cream? Yes

how are the shows? Same as Merc

the inside of the ship , any thoughts ? Bigger than Merc

an inside cabin? how is the room in the bathroom, and closet ? Same size as outside

alot of things to keep a child entertained? Youth program is good

ages onboard? You will be in the minority especially on a longer cruise

any other comments or anything anyone would like to share about the infinity , please tell,,, Great martini bar

thank you all in advance, we cant wait to sail on celebrtiy again..

oh yeah they also said something to me that they have casual dining now for breakfast and dinner ? can anyone say how this went? thanks

Same buffet as all ships is my only thought

We are still waiting to hear back from Celebrity. Are trying to apply a 7 night certificate and paying the difference. Have been told by so many people wont be a problem but haven't actually got the paperwork yet.

Have added the countdown to my signature in the hope that it helps. :)

I hope that Celebrity gets back to you quickly. I wouldn't be completely satisfied until I got something in writing. I hope you don't get the run around like you did last time with your cancelled cruise.

melika091900 I can only answer some of the questions you have asked.

I sailed on Infinity back in June 04', so hope nothing much has changed.

1. Ice Cream- Yes they did have fee ice cream, even in Alaska!!:eek:

2.Shows- Unfortunately we didn't see any of the shows (first cruise nerves)

3.The Inside cabins looked fine from what I could see. The looked spacious enough.

4. I did see kids during the cruise, and they seemd to be enjoying themselves with the different activities. Many wanted to go back to the Kid's club after their parent collected them.;)

5.I was surprised with the age variety. I must admit, I expected really old people, but was pleasently surprised with the mix. Not many in the 16-30 age category though.:confused:

6. Infinity was a great ship. I loved the Cova Cafe Milano and the cakes that they had. It has great character and a really nice ambience. I found it easy to navigate around as well.:)

quote=AuzzieCruiser]I hope that Celebrity gets back to you quickly. I wouldn't be completely satisfied until I got something in writing. I hope you don't get the run around like you did last time with your cancelled cruise.

melika091900 I can only answer some of the questions you have asked.

I sailed on Infinity back in June 04', so hope nothing much has changed.

1. Ice Cream- Yes they did have fee ice cream, even in Alaska!!:eek:

2.Shows- Unfortunately we didn't see any of the shows (first cruise nerves)

3.The Inside cabins looked fine from what I could see. The looked spacious enough.

4. I did see kids during the cruise, and they seemd to be enjoying themselves with the different activities. Many wanted to go back to the Kid's club after their parent collected them.;)

5.I was surprised with the age variety. I must admit, I expected really old people, but was pleasently surprised with the mix. Not many in the 16-30 age category though.:confused:

6. Infinity was a great ship. I loved the Cova Cafe Milano and the cakes that they had. It has great character and a really nice ambience. I found it easy to navigate around as well.:)

thanks for the info.... im glad its easy to navigate i hated getting lost !!! hahahaha

happy holidays everyone

Melissa

1) Yes, inside Thelassotherapy pool...but no kids under 18 permitted.

2) Very nice children's pool area.

3) Yes, good ice cream!

4) Shows ranged from good to fabulous. We found the Celebrity singers and dancers to be quite talented!

5) Ship decor??? Personally I didn't like it. Very very bland with strange art...not my cup of tea. The layout of the ship was nice though.

6) Don't know how the inside cabins are, can't help you with that one.

7) I can't help you with this question either. My Infinity cruise was through the Panama Canal and there were only 12 kids on the ENTIRE ship, ranging from babies to 2 teens that must have been bored out of their ever-lovin minds!! You'll be on a Hawiian cruise which I would assume would have a younger crowd. The average age on our sailing was 65. There were so many people on board celebrating wedding anniversaries over 50 years and many people using canes and walkers. There were a hanful of people who looked to be in the 25-35 age range...I mean a SMALL handful.

The nicest thing I can say is that the crew on this ship is amazing, and the Captain is freaking gorgeous. :D

To bad the captain is on a two month vacation. He even had a sense of humor and spoke wonderful English. Now Halos, you didn't even mention the wonderful cc people you met on board lol (we were on the same cruise). I figured out I did meet Cliff and his kids and wife. I never did meet Jim. Say hi to Bill and I hope we meet again one day, maybe on a zip line. deb

You will love this cruise. We did it last year with our kids.

The kids club was wonderful. We did a Thanksgiving Holiday sailing at had 53 kids on that sailing. That seemed like just the right number. DD was 7 and loved that Cadets program. DS was 9, and got moved up to the Esigns because there were more boys in that group and no other 9 year olds. It worked well for both of them. They had lots of kids activities, but I also took my daughter out of the kids program a couple of days so she could attend Hula Lessons with me. She takes all kinds of dance lessons at home so she really loved that.

The stage is a bit bigger and has more complex moving parts than that on the Mercury. The quality of the productions is about the same as Merc, but they are able to utilize the stage more creatively. Don't Miss their show Celebrate the World. It will be the last production show and I think you'll really love the costumes singing and dancing. My kids loved this show too.

The cabins are fine. It sound like there will be 4 of you per cabin?? The only area where the cabin space was a problem for us having 4 in a cabin was the closet space and limited hangers. Bring some hangers from home and when you unpack you'll just have to double up some things in order to get them to fit.

There is no self service laundry, so you have to either pack 15 pairs of underwear, or send them out at $1 per pair. We packed enough not to have to do laundry which meant finding every available nook and cranny to store our folded stuff.

If you are gettting two inside rooms, then you'll have plenty of space.

Happy Cruising and You'll love this cruise!!!

Breakfast and lunch are served in the Dining Room as Open seating. Shorts are allowed in the dining room for breakfast and lunch (but not dinner) thus the comment about Casual Dining. There is also the buffet up on the pool deck.

To bad the captain is on a two month vacation. He even had a sense of humor and spoke wonderful English. Now Halos, you didn't even mention the wonderful cc people you met on board lol (we were on the same cruise). I figured out I did meet Cliff and his kids and wife. I never did meet Jim. Say hi to Bill and I hope we meet again one day, maybe on a zip line. deb

:D Yes!! I met wonderful people from CC on the ship and enjoyed every minute I spent with them!!!!!

Deb, believe it or not, Bill & I do want to do a zip line again, since we never were able to actually finish the first one :eek:

Are you & Pete ready to give it a try?

I'll bet Dimitrius is THRILLED that he left the ship with us because the Infinity had pod problems when we got off. He's already dealt with a ship full of irate passengers on the Summit before when they had pod problems, I'll wager he was relieved not to have to deal with it again.

Was a bit premeture adding the countdown. Celebrity had told us that we are unable to apply our cruise certificate to this cruise. Guess we won't be seeing you. Have fun! :)

oh no, why couldnt you use it ??

I have a question too,, our friends were booked on infinity , last sept to alaska, and they were cancelled due to ship problems, so celebrity gave them a voucher for what they paid which was 5300$ and they got all their money back,, so basically 2 for the price of 1.. they recently tried to use their voucher for a caribbean cruise, and they were told they have to pay all taxes. so they decided to try to get on our 14day hawaii and they were told they can only use it for 4/22.. i wonder why??????? if its their money... it didnt make sense to me, i told her to read all the fine print,

is this the kind of voucher you have as well?

sorry we wont see you onboard :(

Our voucher was for a free like cruise which was a 7 night North American cruise in cat9. It is a generous offer and I was pleased with it. However, coming from Australia for a 7 night cruise is very expensive and maybe not worth it. We were originally booked on 2 7nights b2b and the first was cancelled. We had to take the second because we had booked all the flights and couldn't get a refund and our insurance didn't pay up.

We were trying to stick to our school hols so that has limited us.

Archived