Best thing to do in Grand Cayman?

Anatresia

I just can't decide what we're going to do in Grand Cayman. We're hitting Freeport, Bahamas on the cruise, so that will probably be our beach/shopping day.

We're scared of the stingrays. I know, I know- it's ridiculous, they're fine. DH and I are squirmy at the thought of swimming with giant fish and such. LOL.

What do you guys recommend we do for the day? We're there from 8-5.

Thanks!

Hi ya!

Well we did the stingray tour (if you are going to do it, do it with Capt Marvin it's better than the one the ship offers) and we were histerical...petrified....but the tour is beautiful...the boat ride...the day itself was the highlight of that cruise....we jumped into the water, got a picture and fought to get back into the boat laughing our heads off the whole time...I think we were maybe in the water for ...hmmm....3 minutes....long enough to say we did it...but it was so much fun.

We have just gotten off on the tender and spent time at the shops at the pier...I don't find Cayman a great shopping port...but thats me....

We have gone to Seven Mile Beach ---- several different hotels offer you space and a chair for $12.00 --- cab to get you there is $3.00 --- they all have bars and drinks run around $12.00 each....very pricey...........but this beach is touristy and can be crowded.

This year we are doing a jeep tour, 5 hours and going to Rum Point Beach...which is about 40 mins from the pier...its supposed to be secluded and gorgeous....I am hoping its a nice tour.

Have a great cruise,

Jo :)

You're telling me that you're afraid of the stingrays, but you're not afraid of those killer wiener dogs that scroll across the bottom of your post? You need to have your head examined.;)

ROFL. Point taken. My female is a little b*tch! :D

do the captain marvins snorkel & stingray. It was an awesome experience. Some of the people in our group were scared of the stingrays at first & after being in the water with them for a minutes were playing with them & loving it. Personally the stingrays were my favorite. They are as gentle as a kitten & very loveable. Can't wait to do it again some day.

Archived