Cabin Question on the Victory

wtch4monkeys

We booked a 1a for the victory (We are taking a honeymoon cruise on the miracle June 4th) it leaves June 12th and we got our cabin assignment. I called about getting a discount or an upgrade and our Carnival Rep set us up at the front of the ship in one of the cabins thats an "interior" but has 2 port hole windows. Now my question is I have heard conflicting reports about this cabin. I have heard since it is so close to the anchor it is very loud. Has anyone stayed in one before, don't know if it is the same on other ships or not. It would only be like 60pp to upgrade to a regular ocean view in the middle of the ship. Is it worth it, because if our room isn't noisy I think were getting a good deal! Thanks for your answer in advance.

Why would you want to book a 1a on a honeymoon cruise? That cabin is one with bunkbeds. You should try and change it to a 4a which is an inside that would combine two lower beds. One more question. You do not tell us what cabin # they assigned you.

I HAVE stayed in a 1A very forward with portholes on the victory. This was quite some time ago, but as I recall, It's a odd-shaped room with 1 twin bed and a small sofa with a pull out bed. (not a good arrangement for a honeymoon cruise).

I chose to sleep in the twin bed that was against the wall. while I found it somewhat comforting to listen to the bow of the bow of the ship cutting through the waves all night, the sound of the anchor being lowered early in the morning was DEFINITELY a wake up call to let me know we had arrived in our next port of call.

If you can, I'd suggest trying to switch your cabin. Although a cruise is what you make of it, I'm sorry to say, this particular abin arrangement would (IMO) not be a good one for a honeymoon.

Just my opinion.

Annie

From your itinerary, I gather you're returning on Miracle on the 12th and moving over to the Victory that day for the 4-day to Canada. Your only scheduled port is Saint John - it's a docking port, not an tender port; if they're not dropping anchor, I don't think it would be a problem. Having said that, our sons had a 6A OV on Conquest, and it was really nice. The window was big enough to sit in and watch the world (or at least the sea) go by.

Do be ready for very different cruises, even though they're B2B. This past year, we did the 8-day on Legend at the end of June/beginning of July and the 4-day on Victory over Labor Day weekend. Although I think the pasenger demographic was similar, the atmosphere was very different, given the differing destinations.

I goofed, My DF just told me that the room we booked is a 5A. Still in for a miserable second cruise?

5A is not bad, if you anchor you will hear it drop in the morning. They have the normal bed arrangement as any other cabin. What are your ports, they only drop anchor where they can't dock.

Archived