Fern Grotto

mar2c1

We did the Waimea Canyon and Fern Grotto tour and had a great day. Although you can't get to Fern Grotto the boat ride takes you to where it would normally dock and back again but instead of the Grotto we were taken in a tram round some beautiful gardens.

Well worth doing that tour.

Lozza

I have never taken an excursion on Kauai from cruise ship, but have stayed on Kauai several times. Waimea Canyon is an incredible site to see. If they have any trips along the Napali Coast, this is the highlight on the island and not to be missed. Heaven on Earth. I love Hawaii.

Last Thursday we did Waimea Canyon, Wailua River and Paradise Gardens (sub for Fern Grotto). While the Canyon was interesting, overall I was totally disappointed. The "Gardens" is really a series of staged displays. As mentioned it was only viewable by tram we couldn't walk about, view or take photographs at our leisure. The river boat is nothing special. By comparison on Friday we did the Tropical National Botanical Gardens. Very enjoyable took great pictures and well worth the time.

Archived