List the Beach Bars...Price/Quality.. What "color" umbrella??

sharecruises

Hi....

I have read over many posts here on this board...and am still confused LOL

I guess one could just wander down the beach there in the little village and find a nice place it seems

I am trying to "figure" it out tho LOL

Cat's Meow sounds nice, clean....but do they have loungers or is it more just a restaurant??

Does "Faro's" have loungers?

which do have loungers...I know that Pez Quatro does

what are the various costs of using the loungers....free with purchase or a fee or ??? I am just trying to figure it out

which have massages...or I guess could just wander down to a massage from where you are eating but it might be easier to have it right there

which has better swimming??

I have seen that tequila is more "one price">>

any ideas?? Maybe we can make a "list" here of the policy/price/what is offered of the various places ??

Maybe make a a LIST also of what "color" umbrella each place has?

I have seen pictures that people post and all the bars have different color but unless we know what color each has, can't tell which place is in the picture

thanks in advance

Never paid any attention to umbrella colors... we just plopped down on a few loungers between the two pools, and after a while (long while) a waiter asked if we needed anything, then brought us beers. Later we ordered nachos from his menu. No idea which building he went back into, and I frankly assumed the whole complex - ie all the bars and restaurants around the pool - were running off the same menu.

Never paid any attention to umbrella colors... we just plopped down on a few loungers between the two pools, and after a while (long while) a waiter asked if we needed anything, then brought us beers. Later we ordered nachos from his menu. No idea which building he went back into, and I frankly assumed the whole complex - ie all the bars and restaurants around the pool - were running off the same menu.

Thanks Rodger

It sounds as if you stayed at the Pier Shopping Complex which is pretty big in itself from the looks of it

There is the "village" of Majahual where you take a "cab" back and forth

I have heard a lot of good things about the various beach bars/restaurants there, and seen the pictures..it seems that each of those has different umbrellas

and I was wondering if anyone remembers which "bar" had which color umbrella??

ie, Faro...Cats Meow....Pez Q....Tijuana etc??

Glad you had a good time and I do hope to also check out the pier shops, maybe see the folkloric (free) shows...do you remember how often they have them or what time?

thanks to all...

We stayed in the complex. Never saw any entertainment, but some dude was on the microphone in the afternoon encouraging folks to come over and get a free shot of tequila... never saw where he was hiding though, and I was happy with my beer.

My DH and I were on the Carnival Libery and visited Costa Maya earlier this month. We took a cab to Pez Quadro after reading these boards. I think it was $3 pp. We were going to try El Faro, but the beach area seemed larger and there was less sea grass at Pez Quadro. I'm not sure of the color umbreallas, but if you walk along the road, you will be able to see the names of the bars/restaurants. As you walk on the road Pez is the one at the end. We walked along the road and beach and then decided where to lounge for the day. The lounge chairs were $5, beer $2 and the margaritas were $5. If you have any other questions, let me know...Lisa

We went to Pez Quadro after much research on this board! There is a sign that says Pez Quadro--this is the bar with swing chairs instead of bar stools. It's the last one at the end of the road. It was fantastic. Loungers, cold, cheap drinks, yummy food, massages, etc. They even had great music playing. I agree that there seemed to be less sea grass in the water in front of Pez. We saw a lot of cruise crew members there (day off, I suppose) and you know if the crew is patronizing it, it must be good. That was such a great day!

Just head down the road. You can check out the other places (one after the other) as you walk and you could always go back if you liked a deal at one of the other places. It was funny, as we walked down the road, the deals got better and better. First it was 5 beers for $10, then 6 for $10, then first drink is free... It doesn't really matter where you go, though. Most places seemed to charge roughly the same and offer roughly the same items. Some places did offer free chips and salsa, which would have been nice (Pez Quadro did not).

Have fun! I am jealous!

Just got back from my cruise last week... We did Pez Quardro in Costa Maya. Not a bad walk from the Cat's Meow... Maybe 10 minutes, but dodging the vendors maybe 15 :)

Food was excellent at Pez Quadro, drinks were strong. Place is very nice and they have nice building with a very a clean bathroom across the road from the beach. Daquaris were fantastic! There were 4 of us, Bill came to $50 US for 5 drinks (alcohol), Loaded Nachos, order of guac and chips and order of chicken quesadillas. Not bad at all IMHO!

Walk down the beach and price massages as you go. Some places say they will beat other prices you find. We got a deal at $10 for 40 minutes by comparing prices and making deals with them :)

Archived