Great experience with Moby Dick's

KC Bahama Mama

We just got back from a day in which there were 7 ships in port. I reserved a Stingray and snorkel trip in advance through their website. We were on Moby Dick's first boat out and there were only about 20 of us on board. It was a very windy day so I wasn't expecting a great trip. Mark, William and Captain Zak were very knowledgable and entertaining on our trip. We had lots of squid for feeding the rays so a lot of them came and surrounded our group. William showed people how to hold them and feed them and always kept some close to him so that the more timid people in the group could touch them without fear. The wind made it very difficult to interact with the rays at times, as the waves were pretty big at times, but with the large group of rays circling our small group we all had plenty of quality time with the rays.

The wind really impacted the snorkeling. There weren't many fish around the barrier reef due to the waves and it was hard to swim against the swift moving current. I did get to see a green moray and there was also a 5 foot nurse shark cruising the reef (Don't worry, they are about the tamest shark you could possibly encounter). William convinced the shark to come in a little closer and a few of us got the chance to pet it with him watching it very closely. It was one of the coolest experiences I've ever had in the ocean.

I am certain that the trip would have been better if the wind and waves hadn't made the snorkeling so difficult, but the Moby Dick's staff made the trip very enjoyable. They were professional, knowledgable, and fun and I would recommend them to anyone. The boat was also very sturdy which was nice, because there were several people on board worried about seasickness. It was a very smooth ride considering the waves.

I look forward to going back to Grand Cayman someday in the future. It is really a beautiful island.

Archived