cruising in august

lovetexas

May be stating the obvious, but do you know that is the HEART of the HURRICANE season?? And the Rhapsody route takes you right across the gulf where all the HURRICANES are. :eek:

You always run the risk of changed inteneraries, canceled cruises, lengthened cruises, cruises cut short, AND you should expect with very good chance of pretty rough seas that time of year.

Besides all that, have a nice cruise...:o

Yea- i am aware of the threat of the weather, but we did get the insurance. My kid is having a major surgery in June, and she cant travel till Aug, so this is kinda like our "alright we made it through the surgery party" anyway we are hoping the weather will hold. I looked at NOAA - i think that is right- and is showed the peak to be Sept. 10th. So we are really hoping it will be okay- a changed route, or longer will not bother us. We are just wanting to have fun.

:p

I went on the Rhapsody out of Galveston in Mid August a few years ago and it was perfect!! It was VERY hot but I loved it because I got the darkest I've ever been (I'm Irish) and we relaxed more than we usually do on cruises because of the heat. It was my friends first cruise and we never noticed any rough seas at all - very nice, calm weather. I liked leaving out of Galveston in the summer, but everyone that I travel with likes escaping the cold New England winters in Jan/Feb so I don't usually have that option, but if I did, I wouldn't hesitate to go in August all the time! Good luck!

Laura

Hey Lovetexas! Our first cruise was at the end of August in 2003 from Galveston. It was great. Yes it was hot but being in Texas we are used to that, right? :D We came back in to Galveston just behind a tropical storm. We were on a smaller ship so it was kind of rough and there were "seasick bags" out everywhere, but it was still such a fun cruise and it got us hooked!

The prices during hurricane season are awesome too!! If I'm really lucky, I will be booking the Rhapsody next August.

Thanks so much for all the positive feedback. We are very used to the heat. If you don't like the heat then why not go somewhere north. Last July we went to Canada and they had a heat wave. Whhooopee it got to be in the 80's for the high. I thought it was too cold to swim!! We are going on the Rhapsody on Aug 12. I haven't figured out how to do the countdown timer yet- any help would be appreciated.

We got a great deal on a D1 level. Has anyone stayed in room 7576?

:cool:

Hey LoveTexas!!

We are booked on the Rhapsody for the Aug 12 sailing also. I tried to start a thread in the Roll Call section, but no takers. I'll try another thread again. Maybe I can answer some of your questions. Look for the "Rhapsody August 12, 2007 " This is our third time on the Rhapsody and we will miss her when she leaves.

Thanks so much for all the positive feedback. We are very used to the heat. If you don't like the heat then why not go somewhere north. Last July we went to Canada and they had a heat wave. Whhooopee it got to be in the 80's for the high. I thought it was too cold to swim!! We are going on the Rhapsody on Aug 12. I haven't figured out how to do the countdown timer yet- any help would be appreciated.

We got a great deal on a D1 level. Has anyone stayed in room 7576?

:cool:

I went on the Celebration out of Galveston on August 9-14 2004 - it was the hottest cruise I have been on but it was a great trip. Just make sure to drink tons of water! Luckily no changed itineraries or missed ports on this one. Good luck w/ the surgery :)

hey guys i just wanted to let you know that i read that 07 is supposed to be a very active year for hurricanes,i know this year was supposed to too,but since it wasnt this year,well anyways just be careful ok?,and check weather forcasts often before you go,have a safe trip:)):rolleyes:

Yes, the recent predictions for next year's h-season are for above normal activity, but you just never know until the time comes. We were changing apartments as the first storm hit Miami this year--seemed a bad omen for the season, but nothing else happened! Enjoy your August cruise.

Archived