Guavaberry Emporium

EggDropErin

Not a Hoosier - but an "Okie" from Tulsa -

This will be our second trip to St. Martin's - will have a guavaberry colada, however, for our daughter and son-in-law who live in Noblesville.

Thanks for all the info - never stopped at the Emporium before, but right off where you tender there is GREAT cold beer.

Kathy:D :D

Not a Hoosier - but an "Okie" from Tulsa -

This will be our second trip to St. Martin's - will have a guavaberry colada, however, for our daughter and son-in-law who live in Noblesville.

Thanks for all the info - never stopped at the Emporium before, but right off where you tender there is GREAT cold beer.

Kathy:D :D

No problem. They're wonderful on those hot, Caribbean days walking around.

I know Noblesville. I used to work in the Fishers/Geist area.

Captjaneway, just reading about Guavaberry Coladas is making my mouth water! I'm not much of a Pina Colada fan, but these Guavaberry's are wonderful. Be careful however, one big glass at the emporium and you'll be feeling it! A word of advice, if you like them, buy the bottles there, because as far as I know, you cannot buy them stateside in any liquor store and their website is "if-y". Only once did we receive a shipment from a cousin of a cousin of a cousin and we paid big bucks for our fix. Guavaberry is indigenous to St Martin and grown high in the hills;also, it is not guava.

Guavaberry Colada

Fill your blender 1/3 with ice. Add 1oz Cream of Coconut, 3oz pinapple juice, 2oz Guavaberry. Blend and top with fresh pineapple and fresh nutmeg

Guavaberry recipes, straight from the source.

Related to both the eucalyptus and clove, the Guavaberry is native to St. Maarten as well as the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico (Vieques), but is also found in many other locations.

gary

History lesson, history lesson, says JB

Nice! Thank you! :)

I'll be there in October and April:D . I have a half full bottle in my cabinet now. I forgot all about it until I saw this thread. This weekend I'll be at the blender making some guava coladas.

Thanks for the recipes. I have a booklet somewhere but it's been long lost now.

Is this alcohol also taken away from you when you board the ship? I would hate for my decorative bottles to get broken or stolen by workers as others have posted happening to their alcohol.

I just returned from the Med on the Lgend and I did not have any broken bottles returned to me.

I brought home; 3 bottles of Ouzo, 2 bottles of Lemoncello and 2 bottles of some local liquor. No problem whatsoever.

I'll be there in October and April:D . I have a half full bottle in my cabinet now. I forgot all about it until I saw this thread. This weekend I'll be at the blender making some guava coladas.

Thanks for the recipes. I have a booklet somewhere but it's been long lost now.

I am definitely bringing a bottle home this time. I cannot believe I didn't the last time. I tasted the liquor straight and didn't care for it (that and I can't drink straight liquor in general LOL), so I bought the colada as we were heading out to get back on the ship. I didn't know I was going to like it as much as I did.

I am definitely bringing a bottle home this time. I cannot believe I didn't the last time. I tasted the liquor straight and didn't care for it (that and I can't drink straight liquor in general LOL), so I bought the colada as we were heading out to get back on the ship. I didn't know I was going to like it as much as I did.

Don't you just hate that? If you only knew....

Last time I was there, there were giving out samples of the coladas, so I knew I wanted at least one bottle:) .

Don't you just hate that? If you only knew....

Last time I was there, there were giving out samples of the coladas, so I knew I wanted at least one bottle:) .

Refresh my memory please. Did they have more than one variety of liquor/coladas?

Refresh my memory please. Did they have more than one variety of liquor/coladas?

Hi Erin,

When I was there(a very long time ago). They only had one flavor, guavaberry.

On the web site; I saw honey, hot sauce, rum all flavored with guavaberry. I didn't notice any other flavor but I wasn't really looking either.

Perhaps someone who has visited recently will let us know.

Hi Erin,

When I was there(a very long time ago). They only had one flavor, guavaberry.

On the web site; I saw honey, hot sauce, rum all flavored with guavaberry. I didn't notice any other flavor but I wasn't really looking either.

Perhaps someone who has visited recently will let us know.

Perhaps. :) I wish I could remember what all they had when I was there. I didn't pay enough attention, that's for sure.

Perhaps. :) I wish I could remember what all they had when I was there. I didn't pay enough attention, that's for sure.

I hear ya, lol. You didn't know you were going love them at that time:p .

I'll be there in October, if no one lets us know by then I'll post and let you know.:)

Yes -- did you look at the website? There are several flavors! We were there for the second time in December -- I love that store. It was the first place we headed when we got off the ship. You know you're on vacation when you just have to have a guavaberry colada at 10:00 in the morning! ;)

Yes -- did you look at the website? There are several flavors! We were there for the second time in December -- I love that store. It was the first place we headed when we got off the ship. You know you're on vacation when you just have to have a guavaberry colada at 10:00 in the morning! ;)

LOL I have looked at the website. I was apparently a slightly more than a little sleepy or tipsy. :D

LOL I have looked at the website. I was apparently a slightly more than a little sleepy or tipsy. :D

LOL!!

I just told DH we are drinking..er..shopping at the Guavaberry Emporium in October. He was all for it, lol!! Naturally he's not a shopper but this time he will make an exception:D .

LOL!!

I just told DH we are drinking..er..shopping at the Guavaberry Emporium in October. He was all for it, lol!! Naturally he's not a shopper but this time he will make an exception:D .

Yeah, my DH makes exceptions for things like this too! LOL

Archived