Just off the Rhapsody

jwachs

Hi! My daughter's (10 and 13 yrs old) and I are going on the March 18th sailing of Rhapsody. You mentioned Paradise Beach. I am considering going there. What did you think of it? How is it for kids the age of mine? Thanks! Michelle:p

Your kids will have a blast, they will love climbing the inflatable ice berg!

Paradise Beach is 'in' San Francisco Beach. San Francisco is one of the public, or "free" beaches. We have been there on two trips the first time as part of a ship excursion, the second time (Rhapsody cruise) we went on our own.

There are basically two ways to get onto the beach after driving into the parking lot; you can walk right through the bar/eating area, or walk around it and go to the left for direct beach access. Problem is, if you 'go left' and stay over to that side, there is a lot of sea grass in that water, so we walked back to the parking area, and walked through the real 'entrance'. We asked a gentleman who worked at the bar if there was a fee to use their part of the beach with their chairs on it, and he replied "no, just find some chairs, sit down, and order a couple of drinks", I asked if there was a drink minimum to which he replied "no". We sat down, placed our stuff, and went swimming, and never did order a drink and were never approached about it either. Again, this is a public beach but it seemed that this establishment had done so much to maintain their area, we expected to pay some fee. We would have paid if promted! Have a great time!!!

Thanks so much for the info on Rhapsody. I will be taking my 1st cruise on Feb. 25th. Do you have a choice at dinner to pick from? I don't eat seafood and was wondering if you only get 1 item. I'll be in cabin 7538 and was wondering if the layout was like they show on the website. If you know of any other hints, I sure could use them.

Beth

Thanks so much for the info on Rhapsody. I will be taking my 1st cruise on Feb. 25th. Do you have a choice at dinner to pick from? I don't eat seafood and was wondering if you only get 1 item. I'll be in cabin 7538 and was wondering if the layout was like they show on the website. If you know of any other hints, I sure could use them.

Beth

You have many, many choices at dinner. In the dining room each night, you are given a menu of you options. There is beef, pasta, seafood, etc. And if there is nothing on the menu to your liking, simply ask your waiter for an alternative as they are truly there to please.

Should you choose to eat in the buffet instead, they have different food in there each night.

We mixed it up, eating in the buffet 3 nights, and in the dining room the other nights. On the 7 day cruise there were two formal nights in the dining room.

Untill we did the transatlantic on the Splendour last year, our cruise on the Rhapsody several years ago was our favorite. Everything just jelled... the great staff and food, our great tablemates who we looked forward to seeing at dinner every night, the great entertainment and so on and so on. So many things go into making a memorable cruise and that one had them all.

We are also going on the March 18th sailing and our daughter will be 13 in June. We have went to Paradise Beach before and we are going there again this time. Our kids loved it. It is a great beach with so much to do. Your kids will enjoy it.

Hi! I noticed you are from OKC. We live in Mustang, OK. It would be great to meet on the ship. Our daughters could email and get to know one another and already have a friend on the ship. We will be on the 2nd floor in an OV. Paradise Beach sounds really good. We will prob. do that in Cozumel. My email is michelleboaz@juno.com if your daughter would like to email mine. Her name is Lauren. Thanks! Michelle

Your kids will have a blast, they will love climbing the inflatable ice berg!

Paradise Beach is 'in' San Francisco Beach. San Francisco is one of the public, or "free" beaches. We have been there on two trips the first time as part of a ship excursion, the second time (Rhapsody cruise) we went on our own.

There are basically two ways to get onto the beach after driving into the parking lot; you can walk right through the bar/eating area, or walk around it and go to the left for direct beach access. Problem is, if you 'go left' and stay over to that side, there is a lot of sea grass in that water, so we walked back to the parking area, and walked through the real 'entrance'. We asked a gentleman who worked at the bar if there was a fee to use their part of the beach with their chairs on it, and he replied "no, just find some chairs, sit down, and order a couple of drinks", I asked if there was a drink minimum to which he replied "no". We sat down, placed our stuff, and went swimming, and never did order a drink and were never approached about it either. Again, this is a public beach but it seemed that this establishment had done so much to maintain their area, we expected to pay some fee. We would have paid if promted! Have a great time!!!

Is the water a pretty blue or is it cloudy/murky water? Thanks for all the info.! Michelle

Hi! I noticed you are from OKC. We live in Mustang, OK. It would be great to meet on the ship. Our daughters could email and get to know one another and already have a friend on the ship. We will be on the 2nd floor in an OV. Paradise Beach sounds really good. We will prob. do that in Cozumel. My email is michelleboaz@juno.com if your daughter would like to email mine. Her name is Lauren. Thanks! Michelle

I gave my daughter her email address so tell her to look for a email from Kelsey, koolkat911@cox.net

We also have a OV room on the second floor.

When we were at Paradise before it was a cloudy blue around the shore line but a hurricane had passed through the week before.

I gave my daughter her email address so tell her to look for a email from Kelsey, koolkat911@cox.net

When we were at Paradise before it was a cloudy blue around the shore line but a hurricane had passed through the week before.

My wife and I took our first cruise ever on the Rhapsody on Dec.31. We were on Deck 7 on the Card Room side.

We loved every bit of the vacation from the food, the service, the entertainment, and the many activities on the ship and off.

The seas were rough for the first day and a half until we got to Key West then it calmed down. Nothing as bad as you experienced though. Even though it was calmer, you could still feel the ship's movement everyday...no problem for us though...it put us to sleep soundly every night.

One of our best highlights was getting to see Matthew and Gunnar Nelson perform in the theater on the night we left Cozumel and then again the next afternoon in the Centrum. We sat in the Centrum area stiarwell landing just above where the various musicians played each night.

We are sad that Rhapsody is repositioning to Asia later this year because she is a very comfortable ship to cruise on. However, we are very excited to be trying Voyager of the Seas out of Galveston in March 2008.

Any opinions on Voyager out there...please let me know.

Thanks.

Rick

how did you like your OV on deck 2? we have booked cabin 2560 on rhapsody for 5/6/07. dh to be has never cruised and sometimes gets sick on roller coasters, so i dont know what to expect. i, however, have the stomach of a nurse;) . nothing really makes me nauseated.

We will not be in the OV room on Deck 2 until March but we have stayed on this deck before. I do better with staying low as I am very prone to motion sickness. My downside is we take the stairs all the time for some excerise and it is a long way up from Deck 2. Oh well, at least I am on a cruise!

I will have her watch for it. Did you sign up for Meet and Mingle? They (RCL) throw a party for us. You sign up through the Roll Call Forum. There are already lots of postings from others on the 3/18 sailing. Lots of kids. I signed all 3 of us up, and there were already 77 people attending. I am looking forward to meeting you and our cruise!! Michelle;)

Archived