Sea Sick on Pride of America??????

tad61600

:mad: Hello,

We are traveling on the Pride of America 12/23/06 the Christmas cruise. This will be our first cruise. Now a week before everyone is saying that the seas are the worst in December and January. Does anyone know anything about what to expect?????

It is true that October to March is the "stormy" season in Hawaii, but seas can also be smooth. We've done two cruises around the Islands in November and two in December. On one of the ones in November, we did miss the port of Hilo because of bad weather, but otherwise weather was perfect with smooth seas. The others were smooth sailing all the way.

Aloha!

We just got off the Pride of America on December 2. We too were alerted ahead of time about the seas kicking up. I already found out the hard way on our first cruise that I get sea sick. They gave me bonine and told me to take one pill every morning as a precaution. It worked!! It doesn't make you drowsy and it's okay to have a cold one.

Now I plan ahead for each cruise and buy bonine. I start taking the one pill the day before we leave, and continue to take it for several days after getting off the ship. You WILL be rocking once you get home.

We only had one night where we really felt the ship rocking pretty good, but I had no problems at all. We had a great time!!

Any more questions, just ask.

Tad61600: We cruised the islands the first week of November and felt the ship rocking pretty good the 1st two nights and somewhat the last night as well. I've been on a number of cruises and have had pretty smooth sailings (with the exception of the Carnival Glory that hit some bad weather and with it, very large waves, for one day). I too had been forwarned that cruising between the islands was not as smooth as the Caribbean so I was prepared. I had originally considered cruising from CA but when I researched those cruises, it seems that a rocking ship is almost a definite for days at a time. Take your bonine or other remedy and enjoy!

Archived