Marva Shaw

gorditaRN

Just got of the Mariner on SUnday. I hope pre booked Marva Shaw www.knowjamaica.com prior to sailing. She was prompt with her responses. I had read very good things about her on these boards. I will admit to the fact that she only drove us to the falls and back but she gave us history along the way. Her van was clean and comfortable.

I highly reccomend her. I would book here again. Next time I will do a more extended tour. I am sure it would have been a delight.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just back from Triumph on Saturday. I had read all reviews on tours and picked Marva. We were not disappointed. She has so much information to share that even the kids listened in. Marva is there to do whatever you want to do. We were one of the first groups at Dunns falls and had a great time. Marva keeps all valuables with her so you have "no worries". From there we went river tubing and had a blast.Again we were there before the crowds and really enjoyed the journey down river. Marva then took us to the beach and waited while we swam and ate some jerk chicken and drank some cold Red Stripes!! We decided before heading back to the ship to buy some rum. We asked Marva for the best place and she walked us in introduced us to the owner and stayed with us to be sure we were happy. This was one of the best decisions I made on our trip. I would use Marva again anytime and be more than comfortable refering her to anyone.

PS: Whatever you do do not rent a car in Jamaica the drivers are crazy!!

We booked Marva's "Dunn's River/Tubing/Reggae Beach" tour from her website (www.knowjamaica.com) for $60pp.

When you get off the ship & walk towards the pier, you will be offered many tours, but all I said was "Marva Shaw tour" & the people @ the pier knew where to guide me to meet her. There were about 9 people total on our tour & she promptly took us in her air-conditioned van to begin our tours. We got to Dunn's River early & beat the other rush of tours. Then we were driven around the Fern Gully to our tubing on the White River. Along the way, Marva was talking on her van microphone giving us info about Jamaica. After tubing, the other members of our group opted to go shopping in town while we were dropped off @ Reggae Beach for 1.5 hours. Marva picked us up & drove us back to the pier in time to get back on the boat. Marva is very friendly & professional & she knows how to take care of you so that you feel safe. We heard others from our cruise ship (not on organized tours) who were pressured by the vendors to buy their wares & offers to buy the local "weed".

Jamaica is a beautiful island w/ beautiful, friendly people; but it also has its economic woes w/ high unemployment rates & drug problems. I would recommend using Marva for a tour. It's not a good idea to roam around on your own.

Archived