Kids Collecting Sea Shells

1familyguy

I went to Stingray City in Grand Cayman, so I never got to Seven Mile Beach. However, the beach in Ocho Rios is pure powder. No shells. Here is a picture of the beach ...

Beach.jpg

I think these 3 were also looking for something ...

any1home.jpg

My daughters love collecting shells. On Grand Cayman, they collected pieces of coral off the beach right in town. There are some steps down to a small beach and they found nice pieces of coral. We have them in glass jars at our house. Just remember to bring extra bags or zip bags to store them in. I don't think it is against the law to do this. We have never been stopped or checked with them. I know there are rules about bringing back certain things from certain places, but I think what we did was okay!!

My daughters love collecting shells. On Grand Cayman, they collected pieces of coral off the beach right in town. There are some steps down to a small beach and they found nice pieces of coral. We have them in glass jars at our house. Just remember to bring extra bags or zip bags to store them in. I don't think it is against the law to do this. We have never been stopped or checked with them. I know there are rules about bringing back certain things from certain places, but I think what we did was okay!!

Sorry it is against the "rules" to take coral from the sea..it's a living thing.

Now, if they were pieces that had washed up on the beach, no problem.

Archived