Is the 12 Days of Christmas Sale Really Much of a Sale?

Simply Southern

Has anyone else been disappointed with this sale? Was I expecting too much? For instance todays sale "save $200 on virtually any 2007 Cruise". I know that it is $100 off 3-4 day per stateroom, $150 off 5 day per stateroom and $200 off 6-8 day per stateroom. I called and asked about four different cruises and not any of them were less that if I booked them on the Carnival website myself before today. Has anyone else gotten a "actual sale price" today?

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN

and it pops up on one of the sales, it may then be a great sale.

However, I tend to cruise solo so most of the sales actually make the cruise more expensive for me. I am one of those "anywhere on the ship is fine" people b/c I am in my cabin to sleep, shower and change clothes.

I have been checking out the sales all throughout and found it cheaper to go outside of what is being offered.

As I stated on another thread, when I saw my Fantasy cruise offered for $25 less than what I paid for it (2 days ago), I called up and actually got a much better deal than what was being offered on the sale. I got a Cat 4C cabin and $35 OBC for the price of my Cat. 1A original cabin.

If necessary and allowed, I will pass on the name and ext. of my person at Carnival. He is new with me but I am real impressed with how well he looked out for me.

Are we allowed to tell on this board about good Carnival people?

If necessary and allowed' date=' I will pass on the name and ext. of my person at Carnival. He is new with me but I am real impressed with how well he looked out for me.

Are we allowed to tell on this board about good Carnival people?[/quote']

It's not allowed... nor is telling people to email you for the info, or asking for someone to email the info :o

And you can't post the names of companies like the post above :o

Guest CRUZIN' SUZIN
Not a good deal. You can get these great prices on hotwire.com

The website is not working.:mad: Carnival's website is. I am a little leery of a web company that can't keep its website up and running.

I called and was able to get $30.00 off PP on our May Cruise.

NOW>> I am not sure if this was due to the SALE, or the fact that the price just went down...but 60 bucks is 60 bucks!

Always helps to call during these things... the worst they could say is "your deal is better than the deal offered"!

Catrin

I'm thrilled with my $499 balcony that I got from the sale!!!!

I got that one, too, and I am also thrilled! Which ship and date did you get? I got the Fantasy 3/24/07. The cabin that I originally got yesterday was one with an obstructed view. Today, I saw that one of the better cabins was available, so I called, and they let me change! WOOHOO! I LOVE Carnival!! This will be my first time on the Fantasy. How did you like your cruise last month?

Grits 53. Enjoy the room. We had it booked and then had to cancel as my Mother was placed on Hospice the same day. I'm glad to learn that someone from CC got the room. We did try today to get teh $200 for our B2B in April but we were told since we got the military discount that we couldn't have this one. We had a great price so as long as we get on the ship I won't care!

Grits 53. Enjoy the room. We had it booked and then had to cancel as my Mother was placed on Hospice the same day. I'm glad to learn that someone from CC got the room. We did try today to get teh $200 for our B2B in April but we were told since we got the military discount that we couldn't have this one. We had a great price so as long as we get on the ship I won't care!

Oh no!! I'm so sorry! :( I hate that I benefitted from such a difficult time in your life. Rest assured that my friend and I will thoroughly enjoy the room, and I will think of you and your mom. I'm glad I was able to grab it before someone else got it today. I hope you have a wonderful cruise in April. Are you going on the Fantasy?

i got a deal on the Holiday for $179 for 5 nights!!

the problem is that the airfare that particular week is very high-it's presidents week and mardi gras time!! argh!! oh well, not their fault...at the time, i was just happy to get in on the deal since i had previously missed out on a few others!!

Marsha

I got that one, too, and I am also thrilled! Which ship and date did you get? I got the Fantasy 3/24/07. The cabin that I originally got yesterday was one with an obstructed view. Today, I saw that one of the better cabins was available, so I called, and they let me change! WOOHOO! I LOVE Carnival!! This will be my first time on the Fantasy. How did you like your cruise last month?

We are doing the 7 day Truimph on 9-23-07. Congrats on your deal on the Fantasy!! We loved it!!! Of course, we have nothing to compare it to yet. It's an older ship, but very clean and well maintained. The staff is wonderful! Ya'll will have a great time!!!!

We are doing the 7 day Truimph on 9-23-07. Congrats on your deal on the Fantasy!! We loved it!!! Of course, we have nothing to compare it to yet. It's an older ship, but very clean and well maintained. The staff is wonderful! Ya'll will have a great time!!!!

You got a 7 day suite for $499? Awesome!!! I thought they were all 4 or 5 day cruises in that deal. We're looking forward to the Fantasy cruise. I've only cruised on the Conquest, so it will be different, but I'm sure it will be fun! Ya'll have a great time on yours, too.

You got a 7 day suite for $499? Awesome!!! I thought they were all 4 or 5 day cruises in that deal. We're looking forward to the Fantasy cruise. I've only cruised on the Conquest, so it will be different, but I'm sure it will be fun! Ya'll have a great time on yours, too.

Yep! It was the 7th day bonus deal, I think. It was just TOO good to pass up!!!! The special for the 4-5 day suite was several days after I booked. Your deal was very tempting too, but I can't book 2 cruises in a year.:( We have 3 small children that we leave behind.

I called yesterday for the bonus deal - Holiday sailing in June - 5 nights for $279, usually $599. DH and I have sailed once before and are sailing in January (both times alone), and this looked like a great ship to take our children with us (ages 2 & 7). The rep got the cabin, and then proceeded to tell me that the 3rd and 4th passengers were $499!!! So the deal was only good for the first 2 passengers in the cabin. I told her thanks, but no thanks.

I called yesterday for the bonus deal - Holiday sailing in June - 5 nights for $279, usually $599. DH and I have sailed once before and are sailing in January (both times alone), and this looked like a great ship to take our children with us (ages 2 & 7). The rep got the cabin, and then proceeded to tell me that the 3rd and 4th passengers were $499!!! So the deal was only good for the first 2 passengers in the cabin. I told her thanks, but no thanks.

Archived