Any Eastern Caribbean Excursion Suggestions?

farjar

We're sailing on the Lirica Feb. 11th going to San Juan, St. Maarten, Grenada, Barbados, St. Lucia, Tortola & Samana. Any suggestions as to what to do or any excursions to take while docked at these locations would be sincerely appreciated.

Just back from same iten. We did ship excursions in San Juan - Rain Forest, very nice, St Marten - Island tour, very nice, Greneda - Spice of your Life, best of the 3 we took.

In Barbados we took a taxi to Malibu Dist and Beach. $5 to get in and use the beach for the day, this includes beach chairs and umbrella. For $10 you get the beach for the day and a tour of the distillary, a walk thru with a moviem then sample taste of 3 rums ( a full shot of each) and a coupon for a free drink at thier bar. If you want a day at the beach and not be bothered by vendors this is a nice one.

In St Lucia we took a taxi with 3 others from our ship and had a grat tour of the island with senic stops, a trip to the volcano- with a tour in it and a stop at the falls - very beautiful. The cost is $140 for 1 to 4 people but if Lirica is only ship in you can bargina bit. We got the tour for $30 pp and it was definitely more than worth it. It lasted a bit over 4 hours

In Tortola we took the open air van tour of the island. Some great stops for photo ops, a stop at Sky World, beautiful views. Our driver made sure to take us past a wall tha twas painted by a local with a pictural history of how life used to be absolutely beautiful. $20 pp for about 2 1/2 hours.

We took the tender to Cayo Levittio in stead of Sanama. It was supposed to cost $19 pp but the charge was dropped completely. the island was very nice, water good temp and clear, beach chairs were $2 for the day even though the cost sheet stated $5. The buffet is put on by the hotel on the island and we only saw a couple of passengers eating, $15 pp for regular buffet $20 for seafood buffet. (who knows what they will do when you go).

I hope you enjoy the cruise as much as we did.

Fajar,

My wife and I are going on 2/11 also. We should get together and do some of these tours. We have taken many cruises together and find that hiring a taxi on your own is uasually a better deal. We've done that in many ports and have had a great time every time. Please go to the thread I started "2/11/07 Lirica anyone" and post a reply. I will set up a meet and mingle before the curise date.

Archived