FAB Tours highly recommended for Snorkling Excursion

SurferMike

www.fabtoursbelize.com

Daniel Fabro is the manager.

We absolutely loved our experience. My family and another from CC went on their Bannister Island tour. It cost us $49 each, kids 8 and under free. They also provided free masks, fins, and snorkel; we brought our own. They left the pier at 10:30a and 11:30a. We just missed the 10:30a and had to wait an hour. So we did some pre-shopping in the port. We loaded at 11:20a, left at 11:30a, arrived at Bannister Island at Noon. The non-snorklers were dropped off. The snorklers had 10 minutes to change in the bathrooms or a rustic changing hut. We left at 12:15p after return for a straggler. We stopped at one reef, we arrived at about 12:30-45p. He said we would snorkel an hour, but it was more like 90 minutes. It is a guided snorkel tour, 3 people in the water, one front, middle, rear. We followed the leader and saw lots of fish and coral. We saw a spotted eagle ray 5 minutes into the water. I got some pictures. 5 minutes before getting back on the boat we saw a yellow stingray, poisonous. We saw live and dead coral, plenty of fish of all shapes and sizes. The lady guide taught and lead my son the entire time, so we could enjoy it by ourselves. We tipped good for the service. We got back into boat and sailed to Bannister island. We spent only 30 minutes there before we headed back to the port. We had a little engine problem on the way. Some Carnival people began to panic. But a 8 minutes and a pocket knife fixed the problem. We were hardly 4 minutes late from the 3p promised time.

Other thoughts, unlimited bags of fresh water, free snorkel equipment, 3 guides, 2 on the boat.

Bannister Island: 10/10 Quiet, nearly deserted, lifeguards, food, a rock lined shallow wading pool twice the size of a football field. Showers that trickeled fresh water, thatch huts for changing, volleyball court, free beach chairs with blue paded liners, seclusion if want at other end of beach for couples.

I can't say enough about our experience. The highlight of our trip.

Archived