$50 savings certificate

YD66

hi everyone,

i just received a little note from X and a $50 savings certificate for my next booking. the issue (there always is one!) is that i booked my Alaska cruise a few weeks ago because the fare was "low." does anyone have any experience in using these certificates? it states that it must be presented at time of booking (booked with my TA) and i'm wondering if i can use it on my current booking. it must be used (booked) by 1/26/07.

thanks,

Jeffrey

hi everyone,

i just received a little note from X and a $50 savings certificate for my next booking. the issue (there always is one!) is that i booked my Alaska cruise a few weeks ago because the fare was "low." does anyone have any experience in using these certificates? it states that it must be presented at time of booking (booked with my TA) and i'm wondering if i can use it on my current booking. it must be used (booked) by 1/26/07.

thanks,

Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey !

Unfortunately, Celebrity has been very tough with these types of coupons. From what we have been reading, they have only been accepting them within the exact terms printed on the coupons.

However, it surely doesnt hurt to give it a try, and submit the coupon to your Travel Agent. Perhaps you will get lucky, and it will be accepted.

Please let us know what happens, and good luck !

hi everyone,

thanks,

Jeffrey

My TA was able to get Celebrity to accept a coupon after the fact on our last cruise. I may depend on how hard your TA tries to get it accepted.

I would like to add that when I booked a T/A on Galaxy May this year my TA had a voucher for this cruise however the date had expired. She said she would submit it in any case and it was accepted. Their is no harm in trying!

Sue

• 4 weeks later...

hi everyone,

just wanted to let you know that my TA got X to accept the $50 coupon even though it stated it was to be used at time of booking and my cruise had already been booked.

hope this info. helps others if the same situation comes up.

Jeffrey

Every coupon that we sent in to X was given as onboard credit.Even when we sent the coupons in past the experation dates.The credit always showed up on our account usually on the first Thursday of your cruise when all the accounts are updated.We never received any notice from X before that.We even forgot about the coupon until we saw it show up on our account.I've had this happen twice.

Since we book our cruises almost a year or more in advance we are never within the terms of the coupons so technically they are useless.

However in the past they have taken them anyway, but recently they have been standing their ground.

The break through for me on this past two day cruise on century with the $50.00 coupon was they at first declined it, so I refaxed it, they declined it again, then I faxed it every day for two weeks ( when I get on a mission its no holes barred ). and it mysteriously showed up as a credit on my reservation. So either they admired my persistance, or just didn't want me to use up all their fax paper and ink:D

Dave:eek:

Since we book our cruises almost a year or more in advance we are never within the terms of the coupons so technically they are useless.

However in the past they have taken them anyway, but recently they have been standing their ground.

The break through for me on this past two day cruise on century with the $50.00 coupon was they at first declined it, so I refaxed it, they declined it again, then I faxed it every day for two weeks ( when I get on a mission its no holes barred ). and it mysteriously showed up as a credit on my reservation. So either they admired my persistance, or just didn't want me to use up all their fax paper and ink:D

Dave:eek:

Hi Dave !

Good for you. Personally, I cant blame you, as Celebrity's booking windows & restrictions have become tighter and tighter in recent months. I missed my sailing's "book between date" by a few weeks, and Celebrity has refused it. Yes, its not the end of the world, but it would be nice if everyone were on the same page. I am going to try again. We will see what happens.

Archived