Not long Now

Shogun

Hello Irene,

Yes, Mary and I have done the 'Golden' around Britain the last two years. This year was a bit special as we took the grandchildren with us on their first cruise and once again it was wonderful. We were part of the 'Golden Idols' group and yes, I did meet Joe and Nancy on several occaisions. A lovely couple. This cruise is a bit port intensive but any of you Americans out there looking at this cruise should certainly consider it.

The 'Golden Idols' thread is full of useful information.

This is our second trip to Hawaii, did it some years ago on the 'Sun' and as you say, its a lovely place. We are doing it again as us men never saw anything much of Honolulu. We spent far too much time in Pearl Harbour and were a bit restricted so this time we plan to tour the Island and see some of the beaches. (may get a fancy shirt to suit my kilt)

Seasons greeting to you all,

Jimmy

This is a big hello to Irene and Douglas!! Thanks to Jimmy (haggis) who emailed me to tell me you had recently been on one of the boards he was posting on too. I still feel so bad that we did not get a chance to meet up with you and Douglas when we were docked in Greenock, especially since I now see you WORK in Greenock!! We took the free tour there and it was absolutely wonderful. But we just did that one tour and got back on the ship to prepare for the long journey to Edinburgh for the Tattoo that evening. I hope you are not cross with us! Perhaps we'll meet up again on another cruise!

Happy Christmas and wishing you a New Year filled with cruises!!

Nancy & Joe XO

Hi Nancy; sent you a card and letter the other day - with my new e-mail address - as we are crusing this Xmas/New Year on the Crown Princess I will be in touch on our return.

No, no haven't fallen out with you at all - we went down to the Clydeport to see if we could find you - but it was not to be - as you say, perhaps we will meet up again - you never can tell! By the way the ship would have sailed past our house - I should have been on the shore waving!

Thanks Haggis for letting Nancy know I was on this board - yes we too would like to have seen more on Honolulu - as you say the Pearl Harbour memorial was such wonderful visit and we too spent a long time there - we need to go back to Hawaii, however next time I would prefer to fly there, spend a week and then join a ship!

Now it's back to the ironing - getting ready to pack soon!

Irene

Hi Folks,

Just like to say thank you to all of you who have answered my questions,

I know some might have been a bit daft but when you are new some times the simply things appear differecult to understand.

So I would like to wish you all a Happy Christmas and a Good New Year.

May be I will learn to type one day , do they run onboard classes in typing. ?

Happy Cruising

yours Shogun

Hi Folks,

Off to bed , got to try a get a few hours sleep before taxi arrives, then its off of the great adventure that is trying to get to your cruise ship, without being so stressed, that it takes you two weeks to unwind, just in time to get stressed out on the way back, just in time to start work for your mates to tell you, that you look rough, and you should take a holiday.

yours Shogun

Archived