Bubble Sub:once in a lifetime!

mr_jones

Hi,

I just wanted to let everyone know what a fantastic time I had on the 'Bubble Sub' when we visited Grand Cayman a few weeks back. It was one of the best experiences I've ever had.

It is basically a 2 man submarine with 360 degree viewing. You have your own personal diver 'pilot' who drives from the back of the sub and can talk to you about all the fish and coral you get to see whilst its happening in front of your eyes. It was amazing!!!! The diver/pilot was great - he knew so much about all the marine life and fed a huge grouper called 'Al' so close to us, we could see his scales! We also got to see turtles, stingrays and tarpon all in one 'dive' - how cool is that!

It doesnt seem too be well known on this site so thought I'de let you all know. Although it is more expensive than the Atlantis sub, it's a totally different experience as there is only 2 of you per trip and so therefore very personal. The crew were fantastic, and there was a girl shooting a video of the whole thing (she was diving right next to us) so we have our one-off adventure on DVD! Its all soooooo worth the money I cant emphasis it enough.

I will never forget my day on and under the waters in Grand Cayman. It really did blow me away! Thought I'de post their website address for you guys to have a look http://www.bubblesub.com. Seriously thinking of learning how to scuba dive now :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My husband and I also did the bubble sub a few years ago when in Grand Cayman (not on a cruise, so we booked direct); it was fabulous. My husband dives but I don't, so it was a way for both of us to "dive" together. I am a little claustrophibic and was afraid of that, but because the bubble is totally clear, I did not feel afraid at all! Do it, if you can afford it!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
we got back from GC a week ago and did the bubble sub.

fantastic....yes pricey, but worth it.

you spend about 20-30 minutes under water, saw sting rays , coral etc. great group of people. bring your own camera as they only do video

our 8yo loved it too

here is the pic

bubblesub1cr6.jpg

Thanks for posting

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
:( They canceled my excursion because it has been discontinued. Now what will we do????

Did you book directly through the people offering the excurison? Did you get any further info on why the cruise line discountinued it?

Thanks

jaysue

The company that does the Bubblesub has discontinued operations completely. I booked directly with them for last week of June, and I got an email from the owner indicating they were out of business a few weeks ago. No reason as to why this happened...

The company that does the Bubblesub has discontinued operations completely. I booked directly with them for last week of June, and I got an email from the owner indicating they were out of business a few weeks ago. No reason as to why this happened...

Thanks for the info

Cheers

jaysue

Archived