FOS on Travel Channel

For the first time ever, Royal Caribbean International's Freedom of the Seas seven-night cruise experience will be showcased nationwide on the premier of "Great Cruises: Freedom of the Seas with Samantha Brown" on the Travel Channel. The show will air on Sunday, Dec. 17, 2006 at 8 p.m. EST, with an encore on Sunday, Dec. 24 at 10 p.m.

The encore is at 11 PM, according to my onscreen TV Guide (part of non-TIVO DVR). Since I am recording Survivor finale at 8-11 PM, have to record re-broadcast of Freedom. I double checked this.

Our cable system is CableVision (dumb Dolans), but I think this is a national cable broadcast, not syndicated with different airing times.

Anyway, my Freedom album, see below link, has a section devoted to Samantha who was on our sailing.

The encore is at 11 PM, according to my onscreen TV Guide (part of non-TIVO DVR). Since I am recording Survivor finale at 8-11 PM, have to record re-broadcast of Freedom. I double checked this.

Our cable system is CableVision (dumb Dolans), but I think this is a national cable broadcast, not syndicated with different airing times.

Anyway, my Freedom album, see below link, has a section devoted to Samantha who was on our sailing.

Hey Booper...

The next time you upgrade your computer look at Windows Media Center. It allows you to DVR different shows simultaneously directly on your computer. It is a cool program.

It all depends on which timezone you are in. Central or east/west. Central is usually an hour earlier, I think.

That's cool that you were on the same one that they are airing...and that Samantha was with you!! Was she friendly w/passengers or did she just keep to herself? Did they close any sections for when they were recording segments for the show or anything? I used to hate her but then I realized that I was just jealous because she has the coolest job ever - and a cute wardrobe! :p

Laura

I saw her at the Solarium pool where the SCUBA segment was being recorded. She spoke mainly to her crew and to the ship instructor. The other passengers realized that she was working under a deadline and left the group alone, mainly. I was sitting 20' away and asked one of the techs if I was getting in the way. She said no so I just shot my stills behind the crew.

I also saw her in the Promenade recording a scene with the Captain and there are 3 pics of that in the online album, as well as the large grouping from the pool.

We did not run into her at any other time on our sailing so don't know if she mingled with the pax.

Counting her there was at least 6 people in her crew, SB, camerman, sound tech, producer, script girl and one other (didn't find out specific job.)

Archived