Back from Conquest, 7/11/2004 sailing. Any questions?

modnar

I'll try to get a full review written in the next few days, although I see there is a very comprehensive review of this sailing already available.

We had a great time and loved the Conquest! We stayed at the Riverside Hilton the night before and after the cruise.

One interesting experience: We saw two waterspouts not too far from the ship as we were sailing on the first sea day. Pretty incredible to see, and we got some cool pictures.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions!

Hi, Modnar.

We'll sailing the Conquest in 33 days and can't wait! So tell me about it. Is there a movie theater, card room? How was the food? Were there lots of lines and crowding?

No movie theater. Not sure what a card room is...

The lines for the buffets on the lido deck for the interior buffets seemed pretty long for breakfast and lunch. However, there was at least one exterior buffet offering breakfast (cereal, milk, eggs, bacon, sausage, hash browns, and pancakes or french toast) in the morning in the outside section near the middle of the ship, and the lines for it were much shorter. At breakfast, you could always to go the outside line for the items I mentioned above and then go inside for fruit if you want.

At lunch, there was a line for the hamburgers and hot dogs, but it wasn't as long as the lines inside.

We were in the dining room at dinner, so we didn't see the lido lines much at that time.

I thought the Photo Gallery seemd really crowded during peak times, but you could probably find better times to go that won't be as crowded.

Hi, Modnar.

We'll sailing the Conquest in 33 days and can't wait! So tell me about it. Is there a movie theater, card room? How was the food? Were there lots of lines and crowding?

Well, my DH and I were on this same cruise last week, and I can tell you a line NOT to waste your time on. They had a chocolate buffet one day. We decided to have this stuff in lieu of lunch, waited in line over 20 minutes, got a sample of everything (which all looked delectable), but in about 4 bites we were getting somewhat queasy and all that for chocolate samplings that were nothing special. I've had better tasting chocolate out of a Russell Stover's box, honestly. So we left the plates full, and went into the dining room to have a real lunch. Glad we did! The food in the dining room was awesome (lunch and dinner), and NO LINES! Have fun. :) (And yj2cute--we saw the 2 waterspouts, too--AWESOME!)

My wife and I saw the lines for the chocolate buffet and the food that was offered, and decided to skip that line and have hamburgers instead (and my wife loves chocolate). Glad to hear we didn't miss much. They burgers were great, and the line was much shorter than the chocolate buffet.

Archived