Help me decide please

cupidsarrrow

I am having a difficult time trying to decide what beach to go too in St. Martin. I would like to stay on the dutch side...I think. The type of beach I am looking for must be calm...well at least not with huge waves. Dont swim that well and I dont want to really worry about being swept away. I searched online and wow there are tons of beaches there, I liked the discriptions of Great bay and Little Bay. Trying to avoid the nudity areas if possible! Those of you that have been to St. Martin please send me in the direction of a nice beautiful beach where the swimming is great and will have some admenities ie shade and drinks ect.

We will be on the Carnival Glory so when I leave the ship I just want to tell the taxi driver where to go. Thanks for any of your tips.

I have been to this island 2 times. We are returning again in Feb. I am looking for the same thing as you are and have decided on Divi Little Bay. I have been to Orient, Dawn, and Gallion. All of these had pretty big waves when we were there except for Gallion. The reason I chose Little Bay this time is mostly the proximity to the cruise ship terminal. We will still need to take a cab, but it isn't far. This will allow us to return to town for shopping easily. I decided against Great Bay based on my concerns over water quality. I have read some things about it which concern me. Hope this helps.

I have been to orient three years in a row and now i am looking for a beautiful beach with calm waters (for 5 year old daughter) and a really nice setting where i can get a chair some food and drink and just hang out. divi sounds perfect anyone have anymore information on this beach? thanks for your input.

Cam someone tell me where Adventure of the Seas would be docked in St. Martin? I've got an excursion booked that lasts until about 1:30 and would like to find out what would be close to the pier that we could fit in in the afternoon without worrying about having enough time to get back to the ship. Which beach has the planes that fly in really low? How far is that from the pier? Thanks for your help.

Here you are again. To continue from the other thread, the Adventure docks in Phillipsburg on the Dutch side. If you want to go to Maho you would grab a cab from the drop off point and shoot off to Maho, 30 minutes at the best. If you were going in the morning you could take a local bus, much cheaper (these are actually minivans that make lots of stops). But since you will be coming back from a tour use the cab, time is important here.

As I mentioned in the other post, traffic is heavy going back in the afternoon from Maho to the pier, what with construction and drawbridges, allow 60 minutes minimum to get back to the pier. When does the AOS sail away?

Archived