Just off Radiance . . . 3 out of 5 sick

zipswife

We just returned from the best cruise ever! The staff and service on the Radiance were beyond our expectations. Despite my earnest efforts (wiping down cabin with bleach, lysol, hand sanitizer and fanatically washing our hands), 2 of my children and husband became ill the night before disembarkation with what I would consider noro virus. Did anyone else become sick? I noticed that there was not much emphasis on washing of hands and hand sanitizers until about midway through the cruise, so I was wondering if there was an outbreak. Although it ended on a bad note, we can't wait to sail on the Radiance again!

We were on the 11/27 Radiance cruise which is an 8 nighter. I got sick after dinner on Friday eveningwhich was the 7th night. And I do mean voilently ill. I recovered after several hours of being ill and then getting a good nights sleep. I was a little woozy on Saturday in the Bahamas and I kept us from doing a booze cruise we wanted to do. Then on Sunday morning my DH woke up ill. Knowing we had to fly home, he popped the Pepto and made it home but was off sick on Monday. Neither one of us felt well all that week. I even called Customer Service after I was sick for several hours and they said no one else had reported being ill.

I do have to say they had hand cleaning stations in front of the Windjammer and the dining room and I did see people using them. We, also, sprayed the cabin down when we got there but it took a week for us to get sick, which is what seemed to happen to you. Not sure what happened. My guess is a lot of people in direct contact with a lot more people. Just seems to cause a problem.

We just returned from our trip on the Radiance too. We did not get sick and none of the people we met did either. Sorry to hear that you came down with something! Some people did get sea sick from the rough seas especially the first night...we also met someone who came down with an upper respiratory infection. Prior to our trip there is a stomach virus going around my office---so wonder if some of the illnesses were the usual winter time issues.

I thought that the mid-week reminders were related to the Freedom's issues. I do think that it would be helpful to have more of the hand disinfectant machines around---also some quick and easy info on how they work...so many people seemed to have trouble figuring them out.

My biggest concern was the restrooms. While they were constantly being cleaned, the attendants did not seem to notice that some of the liquid soap containers were full because they were not working!! I have noticed this on other cruises as well. My other concern was the toilets by the dining rooms were stopped up on occassion. One time I brought this to the attention of the staff and was told they were getting someone to fix them. I suggested that if they were aware that the restrooms were not working--they might want to stations someone by the door so we didn't find out the hard way---so to speak!

Any way---it was a great cruise for us---after the first day the weather was great---the second at sea day may have been the best I have ever experienced. I will never wash my hands without at least thinking about singing the birthday song!

Archived