Just off the Conquest.....any questions?

Christine in MO

We got off the Conquest Sunday (12/17). I plan on writing a detailed review sometime this week as time allows. But I am willing to answer some specific questions between now & then. We did not have any children with us so I cannot comment much on Camp Carnival or Club O2. I do have all of the Capers but not a scanner but willing to answer any questions.

Christine

CrusinRandG: Thanks for asking about DH! He is a little better. He stays on his pain meds & muscle relaxer every 6 hours,per worker's comp! He is to start therpy tomorrow. So we shall see. MRI did not show anything in the neck area that seems to be causing the pain so they are leaning toward the shoulder. He might be getting and injection this week sometimes! He still says we are going on our cruise!

Here are responses to questions thus far:

nbturfman - No, we did not bring any alcohol on board. There were several people in line carrying alcohol on with them though. One group in particular had a case of wine (at least 10-12 bottles) that they were carrying on and one of the attendents allowed them to set the box of wine outside of the line area until it was their turn for security. We did bring soda/water on board you see my seperate thread on that.

nomoreknothead - We had a balcony cabin on deck 10 starboard cabin # 1039 We were pleased with the cabin size and location. Our room steward, Joselito, was FANTASTIC. I wanted to bring him home with me. We did hear some loud banging/clamering noises at all times of day. We never did figure out what the noise was. All the food was great. The buffet food was "fancier" than I expected all seasoned up with fancy names. I LOVED Paul's deli & DH prefered the burgers from the grill. Dining room food was fantastic every night. Formal nights are Monday and Thursday. I found everyone to be dressed equally formal on both nights.

CruisiRnG - we booked our excursions on our own ~ not through the ship. In Jamaica we did the Sunset Beach thing for the day. Grand Cayman - snorkeling & stingrays with Captain Marvins - I loved it!!! DH didn't like it quite as much. Cozumel - Swam with the Dolphins This had to be one of the most amazing things that we have ever done besides getting married and giving birth to my children. DH & I both loved it. It was wonderful. Kinda pricey but well worth the $$$ We liked/enjoyed all the excursions but the doplhins was by far the favorite for both of us.

CrusinRandG: Thanks for asking about DH! He is a little better. He stays on his pain meds & muscle relaxer every 6 hours,per worker's comp! He is to start therpy tomorrow. So we shall see. MRI did not show anything in the neck area that seems to be causing the pain so they are leaning toward the shoulder. He might be getting and injection this week sometimes! He still says we are going on our cruise!

What a trooper! :D

Was it warm enough to enjoy Sunset Beach? Did you get in the water? We leave in less than 2 weeks!

Yes, it was warm enough to enjoy the beach. We found a good spot under a shade tree and then walked the beach a few times. The water felt a bit cool we only went in up to our thighs but some people were snorkeling. I am sure once you get used to the water it would be just fine. Be sure & use LOTS & LOTS of sunscreen. I missed a spot near both of my arm pits and DH missed a streak on his lower leg & those spots on us were red as a lobster and we were in the shade most of the day. Have fun.

Cozumel - Swam with the Dolphins This had to be one of the most amazing things that we have ever done besides getting married and giving birth to my children. DH & I both loved it. It was wonderful. Kinda pricey but well worth the $$$ We liked/enjoyed all the excursions but the doplhins was by far the favorite for both of us.

Which dolphin excursion did you do? (And thank you so much for the details you're sharing...this is what makes CC great!)

TexanCrew - I booked with Dolphin Discovery at Chankannab Lagoon Park. We did the Royal Swim. We were in the water with 2 dolphins for about 1 hour. And there were only 10 people total. We did a lot more tricks with the dolphins than the Dolphin Encounter program. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat. It was wonderful.

Miss Picante - We were at the pier shortly after 11 am and going up the esculator at 11:15 am Through security, customs and the "mandatory" embarkation photo & walking onto the ship at 12:15 pm Eating on the Lido by 12:30 pm There were several hundred people a head of us and shortly after we arrived the line became EXTREMLY long. I feel like we arrived at a perfect time for our day. BUT if we were on the cruise that left this past Sunday and we arrived the pier at 11:15 am we would have been some unhappy campers. So, I guess it just all depends on the day/situation.

Hope you both have fun on your trips. And post reviews when you return.

Christine

TexanCrew - I booked with Dolphin Discovery at Chankannab Lagoon Park. We did the Royal Swim. We were in the water with 2 dolphins for about 1 hour. And there were only 10 people total. We did a lot more tricks with the dolphins than the Dolphin Encounter program. I would recommend this place in a heartbeat. It was wonderful.

Thank you so much for the information! Was there any discussion about the controversy re: the impact of the dolphin enclosures on the environment? I read something about the algae being a problem, and didn't know if it would be an issue there.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say Hi Christine. We were on the same sailing as you. It was a great week to cruise. The weather was really nice. We also did they stingray tour. It was our fourth time , but we never get tired of it. We have done the Dolphin encounter in the past, and I agree with you, it was one of the best excursions we have ever done. We had children with us, so I can answer camp carnival questions. They did the "build a bear" project and that was fun. We did not take any alcohol on board with us, but in Grand Cayman we bought four bottles of rum. My husband showed them to the staff when we were getting back on board and they said to go ahead and take them, they didn't want to hold them. Then when we got off the ship we declared them on our customs sheet and carried them right by the customs officer and they didn't say a word about us being over the limit for Texas residents. Texas residents are only allowed 1 liter per adult. They just didn't seem to be concerned at all about alcohol this cruise?! Strange.

Archived