Just back Serenade and Crown Princess

Califonria cruiser

No babysitting at all for 7 month old with either. On Princess you can bring your baby in the kids area and stay with them the whole time. Serenade used to allow in room private babysitting for 6 months and up, but changed it to 1 year and up.

Both seemed rather lax about letting babies with swim diapers in the kids pools just FYI.

Jenn

Your 5 year old would be in the same group my daughter was in 3-7 year olds. Hours were mostly 9-noon, 2-5pm and 7pm-10pm and you can pay $5 an hour for 10pm-1am and they like you to sign up ahead of time. On port days they are open 8-5pm and also 7-10pm and it seems to matter what time they dock. You have to sign up for the 8-5 on port days. I never could understand why because it always seemed that people wanted to us it, I guess it was for staffing info. There were organized/theme activities pirate night, prince/princess night, etc during the 7-10pm times and sometimes during the day, but most of the day was unstructured free play time.

The kiddie pool is very kiddie for your 5 year old, but I'm sure he'll enjoy splashing around anyway. It is covered so that's nice. He may also enjoy a dip in the jacuzzis, I found the temperature varied a bit so some of them weren't overly hot.

I can't remember if it was a phone or a pager but we were given something so that you can be contacted on the cruise if need be.

Should be fun!

Jenn

Actually our life has turned upside down which is why it took so long to respond. Our little guy, Steven our 7 month old, has a tumor so we have been in the hospital trying to get a diagnosis, it is cancer, so I honestly doubt I'll be writing a review for a while or at all. On the last few days of the cruise his tummy was off, but it was because he had a tumor growing and a few days after we returned it started bleeding internally so his tummy puffed up and we took him to the doctor and we were all shocked!!!!

Jenn

Archived