Urgent Suite Dilemma !!!!!!!

ssgemini

Hi everyone... Summit 09/17 repositioning Alaska. Have had a Celebrity Suite booked for nearly a year now with a Royal Suite on waitlist. Had quite got used to having the CS and had become happy with the choice. NOW the RS has confirmed and I have 24 hours to decide if I want to take the RS or stay in the CS!! Difference is $2240. There will be 3 of us in the suite - but I am paying. Tell me ... is it worth that much extra? Or am I going to be happy with the CS!! I know some of you may think this is far from a dilemma .. but I need help!

That's right, the CS has no balcony - it has the huge wall of windows. The other thing to consider is that to get to the bathroom you have to walk through the bedroom which might be a problem with another person sharing your suite.

We always book RS because we love the balcony, but for our upcoming transatlantic we booked a CS because we found that on our last transatlantic we didn't use the balcony hardly at all because it was too cool and windy.

Sue ... you answered one of my questions! So the bathroom is accessible in a RS other than through the bedroom? I am taking my parents for mum's 60th so I'm the one on the sofa bed. They will turn in early for sure, so that was one of my concerns with the CS. How do you find the RS? Is the spa on the balcony large enough for more than 1 person??

The bathroom in a RS is located near the entrance door to the bedroom area, not actually in the bedroom. If you want to see a good layout for most any cabin try: [url="http://www.cruisestateroom.com/"]http://www.cruisestateroom.com/[/url]

The jacuzzi on the balcony is really very small - almost too small for two people unless you are [i]very[/i] little. We have used it a number of times late in the evening for two of us with a glass of champagne.... but it's not very comfortable. It's fine for one person. It's really just a kidney-shaped bathtub with jets.

For warm weather cruising I would always choose the RS.

ssgemini..... We were in a RS on the Summit last month. Also have been in a RS on the Century and the Mercury.

The Summit RS is quite a bit more updated than the Century/Mercury....with a computer and two flat screen TV's.

Your parent's will feel like a King/Queen.....

I think you should do it!

ssgemini-We have a thread going for this trip over on the celebrity roll calls board (dont know how to post a link to it) . So far we have 47 people signed up for the cc party(have you registered yet) we have been on the boards for a while now so come over and join the party, the more the merrier.

Not long till we sail now

Donna

If the money isn't a major factor then go for it, but we've been in both and the CS is a wonderful suite. No, it doesn't have a balcony and we thought that we might really miss that but the suite itself MORE than makes up for it. The only negative is what was already mentioned--access to the bathroom through the bedroom. Either way you can't go wrong.

Archived