Just back from cruise w/ 2yo - so great we're doing it again in 5 months!!!

CruznIsBest

I am glad to read about everyone who had such a great time with their toddlers. I do have one question though. We are planning on taking our son who will be 18 ½ months old at the time of the cruise in the main dining room all nights except for maybe one or two. How does that work out? Do they group you with tables that have kids? Thanks!:rolleyes:

All three times I've cruised with my twin toddlers, we've been seated alone - which is my preference anyway. (Actually, once we were seated with a young couple - I don't know what those two did to the maitre 'd that he sat them with TWO babies! But I explained to them right away that they shouldn't feel awkward asking for a different table, and it was all sorted out very quickly).

Best,

Mia

• 4 weeks later...
I am glad to read about everyone who had such a great time with their toddlers. I do have one question though. We are planning on taking our son who will be 18 ½ months old at the time of the cruise in the main dining room all nights except for maybe one or two. How does that work out? Do they group you with tables that have kids? Thanks!:rolleyes:

For us, we were grouped with just one other couple who had a 7 month old baby girl.....I don't think that was a coincidence. :-) If you don't feel comfortable dining with others that may not "appreciate" kids as much as we do, then you could always ask for a small table for you and your family. We dined alone most evenings, because dinner time coincided with the 7 month old's dinner, which came fresh from the tap. LOL That family ordered room service all nights but 2.

Archived