Car rental return ??

Valor2005

Thinking of renting a car from National in Tampa and dropping it off at the Miami Beach (South Miami) office the morning of our cruise. Does anyone know if they have a shuttle back to the port? Also, will there be a problem coming from the port to the office with the Miami Marathon going on?

If you are not familiar with Miami it will be really hard to find. We stopped 3 times for directions to the return spot and still had a hard time finding it. It was on South Beach and we couldn't figure out how to get there. Everybody we asked told us to go on highway (whatever) and none of the signs said that number. We will not drive in Miami again.

Thanks jandjfun. We're now thinking that because of the Miami Marathon running that morning that we'll just return the car to MIA and catch a taxi van back to the port. I hope that's the right way to go. :confused:

I think you should definately return the car to the MIA location. Have this number handy so you can call the cab company directly when on your way to drop off the car and request a van. 305.888.8888. Just tell them how many people you are and how many peices of luggage and where you need them to pick you up. Driving to Miami beach to drop off the car is a hassle....Miami Marathon.

Not that you need another vote for MIA, but here is mine. :)

It is so funny I saw this post as I was cleaning out a drawer last night and found my receipt from last March from the South Beach National. We rented at MIA, drove up to spring training in Jupiter and then returned it the morning of our cruise at the South Beach location. The return was a complete disaster.

1) We drove around for like 15 minutes trying to find it...lots of one-way streets.

2) Finally located it by sending my sister on foot while I stayed parked on a side street.

3) No signs as to where to return the car. Finally just parked it at a street at a meter. Found out later that was what we were supposed to do...but again, we got lucky. Because it was a weekday, the parking was hard to find and other people couldn't find a place to park.

4) Once we got into the office, it took us over an hour to return the car. RETURN IT. We had to wait in a line that had 4 people ahead of us with one person working. People renting cars were very unsatisfied as the cars they had reserved (convertibles, mini-vans) were not there and they were going to have to take cabs to MIA.

It was awful. Our plan was to walk back to the hotel, grab starbucks, take showers, eat lunch and head to the port. Nice and leisurely. Because of this debacle, which ended up taking almost 2 hours, we had to pay for a cab, get a late checkout, grab something quick to eat and rush to the port. I would definitely avoid this place. MIA is much more organized. Have fun!!

Archived