Hair Braiding

Hi everyone!

My 6 year old daughter is interested in getting her hair braided while we are away. Does anyone know of a nice clean reasonably priced place in either Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya or Cozumel? I had mine done in '04 in Cozumel but since then I've read some posts about hair braiding that realllllllly don't make me wanna get mine done again anytime soon :D

Leigh-Anne

This is just my opinion. I have two daughters with long hair and the "braiders" are like vultures on the Islands. Something to watch- they will pull a comb out of their back pocket that has probably been used on others.

A great thing about Disney they do it right on the ship.

My advice is to bring your own supplies (comb)

Another thing to keep in mind is taking them out is rough. Glob as much conditioner in your daughers hair before removing them.

Have fun!!:D

My daughter had hers done, 2 or 3 braids, last April in Costya Maya. There are places right after you clear the pier. One word of advice, make sure you get a firm price before you start! I had looked at the prices for a full braid and figured that 2 or 3 would not be too much. Wrong! They looked at her very long hair and their eyes got big. It wound up being much more than I though but what the heck, she enjoyed it.

Archived