Reservation transfer underway

iowacruiser

We are in the process of transfering our current reservation from one online TA to another.

Since we made the original booking, two other online agencies have dramatically dropped their prices. We are looking at a savings of $997.00 per couple for S category suites.

It took a while for the process to get started but so far it's working out okay.

We were originally told by one of the other online TA's that we would have to rebook with them (including another deposit) and then cancel the exisiting booking. We wanted to keep the same cabins (aft suites on Oosterdam) but were told we would have to gamble on getting them back.

I talked with HAL directly andd they say as long as final payment isn't made, the existing reservation can be transfered to another agency without any problems.

I'll keep you posted on our progress.

HAL began the transfer process Wednesday morning and within an hour or so I got a call from the original TA. He claimed the fare we received on the other websites were a promotional fare that HAL didn't offer to all online agencies.

He said. "We just got the okay to offer those fares today, would you consider keeping the reservation with us"?

Checked with his agencies website tonight and the price has actually gone up from when we booked...The transfer moves on....

I changed TA's earlier this year. In fact I changed from an U.S T.A. to one here in Australia. It was all to do with exchange rates - to complicated to go into here. This was not an internet booking though.

It only took a day and as long as the first TA agrees to the change, it is hassle free. I had a good TA in the States who understood the reason for the change and notified HAL immediately.

Jennie

Our transfer from one online agency to another is almost complete but not without some anxious moments.

HAL told us it would be seamless with no chance of losing the cabins we booked originally.

Yesterday I logged on to a couple of online sites and low and behold there were our cabins listed as available on our sailing.

I went to another site, it listed one available-one not.

Went back to the original site and noticed both were unavailable.

So our cabins were out in the open for about 20 minutes but both have been resecured.

HAL helped facilitate the transfer and for the most part it was painless... especially when you consider we saved almost $1000 per cabin

HAL began the transfer process Wednesday morning and within an hour or so I got a call from the original TA. He claimed the fare we received on the other websites were a promotional fare that HAL didn't offer to all online agencies.

He said. "We just got the okay to offer those fares today, would you consider keeping the reservation with us"?

Checked with his agencies website tonight and the price has actually gone up from when we booked...The transfer moves on....

Personally, I would have avoided the anxious moments, and let the original agent match the lower price. The fact that it was higher on his website has nothing to do with what he was willing to charge you. Remember it takes time to change info on the website and he just got approval to charge less.

I offered to let them match it 10 days ago. I talked with a woman then and she told me her price was still $300 under HAL's website. She wouldn't match it and thats why we started the transfer.

Only when the transfer came across the desk at the original site did I get a cal willing to match the price.

I offered to let them match it 10 days ago. I talked with a woman then and she told me her price was still $300 under HAL's website. She wouldn't match it and thats why we started the transfer.

Only when the transfer came across the desk at the original site did I get a cal willing to match the price.

Ah.....so the first TA wasn't very responsive from the start. That makes a big difference.

Sean

Archived