Precruise hotel in FLL - Pricess changed our reservations

drjochen

We had the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale booked for a precruise stay. Now Princess changed us, without asking, to the Fort Lauderdale Grande, which has a lower rating and get much worse reviews at Expedia (4.4 vs. 3.5) etc. It also seems to be under construction! Of course, the price for the package remains the same....

Has anyone stayed there recently?

Btw., when I called Princess, they claim that the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale does not participate in the precruise packages anymore - yet they advertise the hotel on their web page!

May I make a suggestion. Go to the North America Homport forum and scroll to East Coast departures and post that question there. There is all sorts of info regarding hotels and there are some posters who live in Ft. lauderdale who are very helpful.

Marilyn

We had the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale booked for a precruise stay. Now Princess changed us, without asking, to the Fort Lauderdale Grande, which has a lower rating and get much worse reviews at Expedia (4.4 vs. 3.5) etc. It also seems to be under construction! Of course, the price for the package remains the same....

Has anyone stayed there recently?

Btw., when I called Princess, they claim that the Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale does not participate in the precruise packages anymore - yet they advertise the hotel on their web page!

I have stayed in both hotels and prefer the Grande(old Marriott Marina).It was being repaired when we stayed there in Sept but was to be done by the winter season.We are staying there again next month before our cruise.

We are here right now and the hotel is lovely...The construction has NOT in any way made our stay terrible...The pool area is very pretty and well maintained....Everyone has been very pleasant and helpful...The construction is on the main tower only...I would not hesitate to stay here again, in fact we are after our cruise...Stayed 3 day prior to cruise leaving tomorrow and staying 2 days after, Dec 30-Jan1...You can't always believe the reviews...The Grand is very nice....I think you will enjoy your stay.......

Cadi

So, I just called Princess asking them to honor my original reservation. They gave me the usual (friendly, but totally worthless) runanround about how the hotels are the same , they are not aware of any construction at the Grande (she promised me there would be no construction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!). BS.....even the hotel webpage mentions the construction!

Bottom line: there is nothing they will or can do. See, I wouldn't really care, but since we had not booked this hotel but a better one, I feel that I am getting screwed over before I even go on the cruise.

We are here right now and the hotel is lovely...The construction has NOT in any way made our stay terrible...The pool area is very pretty and well maintained....Everyone has been very pleasant and helpful...The construction is on the main tower only...I would not hesitate to stay here again, in fact we are after our cruise...Stayed 3 day prior to cruise leaving tomorrow and staying 2 days after, Dec 30-Jan1...You can't always believe the reviews...The Grand is very nice....I think you will enjoy your stay.......

Cadi

Thanks, this makes me feel better now. Its just that my parents come with us and they are having a hard time to afford this and I don't want to start the vacation off on a construction site...

We were just in Ft Lauderdale and the Grande is right on the waterway. There is construction on the main tower part of the hotel but I don't think you will be staying in that part of the hotel. It is very nice and the pool area is beautiful and the best part, you can hop right on the water bus there at the hotel. We didn't see the rooms but the grounds are lovely. I don't think you should be at all disapointed with this facility.

Archived