Shopping in Grand Cayman? Want Chess Set and other things...

CoolHandChris

I am on a short cruise with only two stops. One is Grand Cayman and the other is Calica. Seeing the ruins in Calica is going to make time to shop near impossible to find, especially with no place close to the dock to shop. So I would like to do some shopping at GC but the pictures I have seen make it look like its a nice place and not the inexpensive hovel perfect for shopping that I was looking for. What I am especially looking for is a nice chess set. I saw one when I was in Mazatlan YEARS ago that I am kicking myself for not buying. Contemporary hand carved marble for ~120. Has anyone seen anything like this? What other shopping do people do at GC?

Grand Cayman is very expensive. Not like the other islands at all. Even the cheap tourist type stuff like t-shirts are more expensive. You'd likely be better trying to shop some place else.

I have seen the chess sets in Mexico both in Cozumel and Costa Maya. I did not see them in GC and if they do have them, they will likely be high in price.

Archived