L. A. Weightloss - anyone successfull?

ckrobyn

Congrats to you ckrobyn for joining. I have been on 3 cruises since joining and have been in the weight loss portion for all of them and did not have a problem maintaining.

I hope you enjoy the program as much as I have.

Good luck to you and I would be more than happy to be here for support

Congrats to you ckrobyn for joining. I have been on 3 cruises since joining and have been in the weight loss portion for all of them and did not have a problem maintaining.

I hope you enjoy the program as much as I have.

Good luck to you and I would be more than happy to be here for support

Thanks so much Karen! Support is what it's all about!

I am on day 2 of the L.A Express ( the juice thing for 2 days!) and today I weighed in at the center and lost 2.7lbs!!!!!!!!!! Yippeeeee!!!!!! They also gave me my program explanation and I am excited that I get to choose my food from each food group including carbs!

I think I can do this.........I think I can.....I think I can ......:p :D

Well, I did it.

I went to LA Weight Loss today and joined.

I felt very comfortable with the staff and there was no pressure whatsoever...the decision was mine.

I will let you know how it goes....:)

Congratulations and good luck! Keep us posted on your weightloss. Now that the holidays are over and tempting little treats aren't forcing themselves on me, I am back on track and I will be saying good bye to the last stubborn 10 pounds.

ckrobyn, how has the rest of the week gone for you keep us posted.

Tomorrow is my last weigh in before we leave next week on our cruise, I am 5 lbs below my goal weight so I should do fine. Just will need to hit the gym and keep active.

Have a great weekend

ckrobyn, how has the rest of the week gone for you keep us posted.

Tomorrow is my last weigh in before we leave next week on our cruise, I am 5 lbs below my goal weight so I should do fine. Just will need to hit the gym and keep active.

Have a great weekend

Thanks Karen -

How did you do on your weigh in? I'm sure you will do just great on your cruise :)

I weighed in the morning and I am down 7 lbs since last Wednesday! This Wednesday will officially be a week since I started the program. I'm very pleased so far and find this way of eating to be no problem for me at all. I think I am finally going to do it! :D

Good for you 7lbs. Makes you feel great! I am maintaining my goal weight and that once a week weigh in still keeps you honest once you make goal.

I have the workout clothes packed, so what I eat and drink I will sweat it off.

I will check back in with you when we get back.

• 2 weeks later...

I have lost 38 lbs. on LA weightloss and think the program is wonderful! I did WW a few times and always gained the weight back plus more. Going 3 times a week really kept me on program, and the one-on-on counseling was great. Once a week left me too much time to "cheat". You only spend as much time in the office as you want - it was the perfect amount of support for me. All of my counselors have been great and struggle with weight just like me. I am just finishing the stabilization part of the plan and will start maintenance next week. I felt that paying up front kept me motivated (I don't want to waste my money!), too. The counselors have never pressured me to buy anything I don't want. I've mostly bought the bars and the juice drink. For someone who needs the support, this program is great! I know not only how to eat healthy, but how to keep my weight off! This plan is worth every penny (you also get half of the program price back if you maintain for one year!)!!!

• 1 month later...

I was wondering how this is working out. I joined four years ago and have gained more than the 35 lbs I lost. The one I went to was all young girls that have never had a weight problem. I am now in TOPS and am losing. For me it is watching what I eat. I am a manager in food service at a local college and can eat whatever I want. It is all about choices. Good luck to all in whatever you are doing.

Thanks Menina - What you are saying is so true and I know it. I'm the only one that can control what I eat....problem is, I am over eating! My willpower has been at 0 for the past few months and I am getting more and more disgusted with myself. I guess I need a good jump start...which is why I was looking into the program.

I will definitely let you know what comes of all this - and thank you so much for taking the time to answer all of my questions!

Happy Holidays!

I'm not sure about the area you live in, but this program worked for me when I was on it.(it's a National wide program, so there's bound to be a meeting place not to far from you.....My church offers this program.)

http://www.ceahow.org/

The only reason I suggest this is I have the SAME problem as YOU, but I REFUSE to pay someone to be my accountability partner.

• 2 weeks later...

I did LA Weightloss several years ago and lost 75 pounds in about 8 months. It does work, but is very very very expensive. When the plan I had bought was used up, I had not lost what they said I would and they wanted me to "buy" more weeks. I told them I thought it was guaranteed. They called the manager in and she reviewed my records and said....."it looks like on this day you forgot to eat one of your fruits; on this day you forgot to eat one of your veggies" Well, to say the least, I had to buy more weeks. After that time, I became very upset with them and stopped going. Now I have gained it all back. I think if I would become really motivated, I could do it myself, but I really got burnt out bad. Also, they got very upset with me because I purchased a large supply of their bars through ebay. They also said that voided the guarantee. Really it is a rip-off, but it does help to have the 3 times a week check-in.

Archived