How far is Miami Ink from the Port?

flagger

So here is the location:

Miami Ink's location:

1344 Washington Ave

Miami, FL 33139

I wonder how far it is from the Port to Miami Ink? Or maybe from Downtown since we are staying at the JW Marriott the day before.

Flagger -

Miami Ink is one of my favorite TV shows!

You planning on getting INKED? ;)

Just some friendly advice...It is probably not a good idea to get a tat right before your cruise. When new they need to be out of the sun and I have a feeling if you are into the beach/water, the salt water would not be good on a brand new healing tattoo. After might be a better bet.

From the port to Miami Ink:

1. Start out heading West on S America Way towards Port Boulevard. Drive for 0.1 miles.

2. Keep LEFT to stay on S America Way. Drive for 0.1 miles.

3. Go STRAIGHT on N America Way. Drive for 0.2 miles.

4. Turn RIGHT onto Port Boulevard. Drive for 0.8 miles.

5. Turn RIGHT onto US-1 N. Drive for 0.4 miles.

6. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT to get on US-41 E towards BEACHES/ SR-A1A. Drive for 3.3 miles.

7. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto Fifth St. Drive for 0.5 miles.

8. Turn LEFT onto Collins Ave. Drive for 0.7 miles.

9. Turn LEFT onto 14th St. Drive for 0.1 miles.

10. Turn LEFT onto Washington Ave. Drive for a short distance.

11. You have reached the destination.

A bit of advice.

1) Miami Ink, I think, is in Little Havana, which is not the safest neighborhood.

2) Even if you just do the start of an outline, you will not be able to swim in the ocean or the pools for a week or so after. Take it from someone who has many tattoos. When I was 21, I got a tattoo and went swimming too soon after and ended up in the hospital with a major infection and shots right into the tattoo. You do not want to get it done right before your vacation. Wait till you get back.

A bit of advice.

1) Miami Ink, I think, is in Little Havana, which is not the safest neighborhood.

2) Even if you just do the start of an outline, you will not be able to swim in the ocean or the pools for a week or so after. Take it from someone who has many tattoos. When I was 21, I got a tattoo and went swimming too soon after and ended up in the hospital with a major infection and shots right into the tattoo. You do not want to get it done right before your vacation. Wait till you get back.

I was pretty sure that swimming was a nono but it has been a while since my last...thats why I advised against before the cruise...I've seen some messed up looking tats on people who didnt follow the after care.

I was pretty sure that swimming was a nono but it has been a while since my last...thats why I advised against before the cruise...I've seen some messed up looking tats on people who didnt follow the after care.

Yes, and I am one of those. :D That one is on the inside of my arm, and it lost A LOT of color with the infection. It has been 11 years, but one of these days I will get it redone. ;)

A bit of advice.

Miami Ink is in South Beach, about 3 blocks from the ocean. If you want a tat you must have an appointment. maybe stop in b4 the cruise and make an appointment for after. ;)

Miami Ink is in South Beach, about 3 blocks from the ocean. If you want a tat you must have an appointment. maybe stop in b4 the cruise and make an appointment for after. ;)

I have only ever seen one episode of that show and it was where they dropped someone off in the middle of little havana so I though that is where it was. Anyway, thanks for the info. I am not the one getting the tattoo though.

Maybe I can make an appointment when we fly in and start getting INKED when before we fly out. We have a really late flight on Sunday.

I think I would call way in advance to book. With the show, they have become very popular, and they may not have the day you want if you wait until you get there. Call now (or tomorrow) and book for the day you want.

Without realizing it when we stayed at the Carlton Hotel in South Beach we were just down from Miami Ink. The morning that we took the cab to the port it took no more than 15 minutes to get to the port.

So depending on traffic you are looking at 15 - 20 minute ride and I think I paid like $22 to get to the ship.

Its not in a bad area at all. Very high traffic.

Make sure you take a photo and post it for us to see

Ami James is SO HOT!!!! I want to go there just to see him!!! Garver really has a studio in California, but comes to Miami to do the show. When the show isn't taping, he's in CA. Ami James isn't there when the show is not taping either - for that matter, none of the "stars" of the show are - they have other artists when the show isn't taping.

Not sure exactly when they are taping again, so don't count on seeing your gal unless it's that time of year!!

BTW - I don't have one tattoo and don't plan on getting any - except maybe a fake one. Had a henna tattoo and that's as close to real as I'm getting. Just an Ami and show fan.

SeaBreezy

Archived