Staybridge Suites in Plantation, Thanks B

LHC

On suggesting of Bequia, DD and I are currently staying in Staybridge suites in Plantation. We got a rate of only $50. per night on Hotwire. It is a terrific location. The breakfast is excellent and we have plenty of room for both of us. We have enjoyed the Sawgrass Mills Outlets all day today and went to a movie in the theater "the Holiday", which we enjoyed. Last evening went to the hockey game between Fla and NYC. Very exciting with FL pulling it out after being down 2.

It has been great unwinding for the last two days. I do have to return the rental tonight at the airport which I am dreading, as the taxi back is approximately 30. (for 8 miles). My understanding is that is why most people avoid the taxi's like the plague.

We went to Bahama Breeze yesterday and the restaurant had great food and atmosphere. The wait staff was short handed and the guy who waited on us had a lot to be desired but with the right waiter it would have been a better experience.

The neighborhood is very safe and between some excellent malls. DD and I took a long walk yesterday morning with all sidewalks (not something normal for this Tennessean).

I now have great jeans and pants from the GAP (cooler Mother clothes I am told) and we even highlighted my hair this am....done by DD.

To board the boat tomorrow.

Thanks B for the advice we have enjoyed each experience. I want to get to the Rustic Inn but if not before then we will be staying 2 days post cruise and I will get there at that time.

Linda

I have the Staybridge high on my list of possibilities. Can we do this hotel without a car? We are only staying for one night. Would the cost for taxi's be a deterent? I am looking at a two bedroom suite for the 6 of us and would probably need two cabs because of our luggage. I appreciate any input. thanks

Archived