Pride of Hawai'i Review and Pics

mrtractor

In case it would be of interest to you, my review of our trip to Hawai'i and voyage on the Pride of Hawai'i has been posted. You'll see it in the Reveiw area and on the home page as the "Member Review of the Week."

I've also posted some pics of the ship, the ports and some fun pictures of the people we met and the things we did while there. You'll find it on www.webshots.com under user name mrtractor1.

May the miracle of the birth of Jesus Christ bring you peace and joy.

MrTractor<--------still believes in miracles.................

We are also from the old Dominion and will be on POAM in Feb and doing similar itinerary using rental cars. Staying 2 days pre & 2 days post cruise.

Good tip on VNP about going opposite direction. Did you have trouble with meeting all the other traffic?

A guy working on POAM posted that POH has just been fully staffed within last 10 days or so. Interesting about the runaways.

.....there is a traffic jam around VNP. It's just easier to kind of lollygag along looking out of your convertible and stopping whenever you want if you don't have anybody pushing you along.

I'm not surprised that they are just now getting fully staffed. That's been a problem for some time. I heard from a crew member that some of the kids that signed on just don't return when the ship leaves. I've always said that the "Prime Directive" was "DON'T MISS THE SHIP." If a crew member goes ashore and doesn't make it back on time without contacting the ship, they are immediately dismissed. They then have to make it back to Honolulu to gather their belongings and are responsible for their own transportation to get there. But it's not uncommon. They said there were 5 such instances just while we were onboard. They'll get it right, but they'll have to go through some people until the crew settles in.

Thanks for your kind words Mike. I know you are an experienced cruiser as well as a resident. So that means a lot!

MrTractor<------needs to get off the computer and go finish up his Christmas shopping........

.....have a password, but they may require that you enroll. If you go there and search under the user name mrtractor1, you should be able to see them all. you can try this link.....http://community.webshots.com/user/mrtractor1

MrTractor<------------wanted it to be easy.........:cool: ...........

That was one of the most comprehensive and objective cruise reviews I have read in a long time. Our family is planning to go in June '07 and your information was very timely. Thanks again... I know it takes a while to put something together like that and when you get back from a vacation like that, you are more likely to just forget about us here on the board. I would highly recommend this review for anyone considering Hawaii.

Archived