Shasa Catamaran - WONDERFUL!

Paumavista

What a great day my family of six had - arranged by Shasa catamaran. The best part was our own private little catamaran - while all these huge catamarans with large groups of people were around us we felt so special on our own cruise! Laying around on the canvas, everyone spreadout with plenty of room - this was NOT the type of catamaran you "walk" around in....this was perfect relaxation.....laying around in the shade of the sail or sunning in the front area!

It was the best day of our Southern Caribbean cruise. When we arrived to see the turtles CJ (our captain) got into the water with us to feed the turtles - what an amazing up-close experience!!! He seemed to know just how to keep the main turtle right in front of us the entire time we were in the water!

Next we went snorkling over a sunken ship - another great experience. So many fish and such clear water. CJ said he took us to a different location than he normally visits because there were too many boats/people at the regular location.....so we were the only group snorkling at our second destination!

If what you're looking for is a small group experience (or you want the whole boat to yourselves) with what feels like a personal sailing experience Shasa Catamaran is your very best choice!

I'll check back here if anyone has any questions - please check out the links.....this was a great trip! - we also sailed on the Rumbaba sailboat on St Thomas (great trip - but this catamaran trip was the best!!)

You can say you read about them here.....r/Judy

http://www.funbarbados.com/Tours/shasa.CFM

http://www.shasacatamarancruises.com/home.htm

I have sailed on Silver Moon twice, I might give Shasa a try. The prices look great, I think someone mentioned that someone with Shasa use to work for Silver Moon at one time.

Thanks for the links

http://www.funbarbados.com/Tours/shasa.CFM

http://www.shasacatamarancruises.com/home.htm

This sounds great plus it includes a beach stop

Lunch cruise - 5 Hours (10am - 3pm) $70

* Boat makes three stops.

* First we stop to snorkel with the tame sea turtles. (A magical experience)

* Second we take you to a shipwreck and coral reef.

* Third stop we take you into a serene bay where you can either stroll along the beach or swim in our cooling waters.

* In addition we offer a delectable buffet style lunch of local favourites.

* Buffet served with a range of unlimited drinks from fruit juice to wine, followed by a delicious dessert.

Shasa is such a different experience from the other "large" catamaran charters we saw. Having a small boat to relax on was what made this special.

We took a sailing trip on St Thomas over to St John (Rumbaba sail trips) - we had a GREAT day and lots of fun! - we also had the sailboat all to ourselves.........but after sailing on this catamaran we were sold on the relaxing easy type of sailing catamaran's (particularly small ones like Shasa) offered.

Yes, I believe Jason used to sail for Silver Moon until he got his own boat. (His friend CJ took us out this day) - I also really thought it was great how CJ got right in the water with us...getting the turtles "up close" - don't know if all the tours do this.

Shasa offers a different experience than the "big charter catamarans".

After watching the large tour type catamaran trips with lots of people on board (most everyone travels the same waters...going in the same direction to the same destination) we were so very glad we made the choice we did.

And we really thought it was great when CJ got into the water to share the turtle and snorkle experience with us.

Yes, I believe Jason (Shasa owner) used to operate a boat for Silvermoon; before he got his own boat.

Archived