Using a laptop on the POH

POHherewecome!

I am planning to bring my laptop on the Pride Of Hawaii and just wondered how I would get Internet connection. I think I read somewhere that using the ship's Internet "cafe" facilities was expensive.

I wondered if there were wireless areas where I could sit on the ship. What happens in the staterooms? Is there a data port and do I need to bring my own cable? And does the ship charge you for this?

I am planning to bring my laptop on the Pride Of Hawaii and just wondered how I would get Internet connection. I think I read somewhere that using the ship's Internet "cafe" facilities was expensive.

I wondered if there were wireless areas where I could sit on the ship. What happens in the staterooms? Is there a data port and do I need to bring my own cable? And does the ship charge you for this?

Using your laptop onboard the POH is no problem, they have wireless, internet cafe, and you can use in your cabin. Be warned that it is not free and the cost is the same as the internet cafe. Remember it is their network that you log onto and you will need a password and login to get past their firewall. When I was onboard I used an aircard. Not good for surfing but perfect for email.

We just got off the Pride of Aloha on Dec24th I guess the boats are pretty close I would think. I took my laptop and did most of my renting cars and looking up tours. It really helped us. I would get the number and call them from the boat and book my stuff for the next day.

Time Plan 1 -- .40 per minute 100 minutes for $40

Time Plan 2 -- .55 per minute 50 minutes for $27.50

Pay as you go -- .75 per minute

Ther is a one time account activation fee of $3.95-1st login only

Wireless signal was available in the following locations: Deck 7 aft(internet cafe) Deck 6 midship(library) Decks 6 & 7 Atrium, Deck 11 Fwd(by the pool on the port side)

Archived