What does this mean?

Cotton

The boards do not always reflect the passengers of a particular cruise line. I have been on RCI twice and the passengers were very friendly. To me making a choice of which line I sail by the climate of a cruise board is silly. By the way, I have seen some really snotty things stated on the Carnival board by Carnival cruisers. Has not stopped me from cruising with Carnival either. I am looking forward to stepping away from Carnival again in December but I will be back next year sometime. Change is good now and then.:)

crusingator,

I agree that the people on the boards represent just a small percentage of the folks that are on the ships...but the reason I feel like this was just further validated last night when reading through the Celebrity Boards...a post titled "why,why,why????"

The OP was saying that Celebrity was starting to 'turn into' a cruise line 'just like the others'...meaning that dress codes were not enforced, kids were running rampant...etc, etc...(the same gripes you hear on this board to be honest) Of course down the line, people flamed him...people who have kids and people who like to dress down. I would have sworn I was on the Carnival Board...the argument was so familair!!

By the time I got to page 6 (I was enthralled :rolleyes: ) I realized that other than a cool towel at poolside, and being walked to my cabin with a glass of champagne...this cruise line was no different from Carnival....maybe it had less nightlife and calmer decor...but that's about it.

So...that being said, even though I am all for trying a different line (which is why I have been looking at other boards) what would make me pay more to go on an X cruise, when from the way it sounds...it's the same experience I'll have for less money on Carnival....and my past 2 cruises on Carnival were mediocre in NO way.

It seems to me that Carnival, RCI, Princess and Celebrity are not all that much different from each other...BUT the issue with me is that some of the people on those lines think they are better...not that their lines is better (I can live with folks who are brand loyal) but these folks think they are better. On that one post alone, it was mentioned more than a few times about 'people on other lines who throw up in the hallways.' (Gee, I wonder what line they were referring to??) I have been on only 3 cruises but I have never experienced that.

Believe me, if I find a reasonably priced cruise on another line, I'd give it a try...(this is part of the X-ers gripe...the prices have gone down with Celebrity, so the rif-raf is now able to cruise with them) but to be honest, I don't expect anything more than what I've already had with Carnival (a glass of champagne is nice...but it's not a big deal for goodness sake!) ...and I'm actually hoping to get as much as I do get from Carnival....if that is all I get, I'll be happy.

Archived