Captain your own boat

boaterkeith

My husband and I did the captain your own river boat last month and it was NOT something I would ever do again. Since we returned, I have emailed back and forth with someone at Coral Breeze tours and they were very open to suggestions, so I know they are working to make it a better tour. We didn't enjoy it because we were expecting it to be more guided. Basically, you are renting a boat for the day and following around after the lead boat. The tour guides (if you want to call them that) were young and unprofessional. If you are wanting a guided trip, don't go on this tour. I did see several tour companies in port that advertise a one hour captain your own river boat, which would have been much better. It was OK for the first hour or so, but then it got hot and boring, and I just wanted to get back.

Has anyone experienced the excursion "captain your own boat" in Belize? You can book it through Coral Breeze. Would like someone too tell me all about it from personal experience. Thanks:)

We, on the other hand, thought it was great. We saw abundent wild life and we thought the tour guides were fantastic. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

We, on the other hand, thought it was great. We saw abundent wild life and we thought the tour guides were fantastic. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for the reply. Was there any problems getting too the excursion and back too the ship?

Thanks for the reply. Was there any problems getting too the excursion and back too the ship?

Hammerhead Sports in right on the pier where ships shuttle drop you off. You just look for someone with a Hammerhead Sports sign. They pick you up there with their boat and take you to get the smaller boats. They drop you off back at the same pier after the tour. It's a short walk on the pier back to the ship shuttle. No problem.

Archived