Have you used skyauction.com?

deubank

Hi! I am wondering if anyone has experience with skyauction.com? Are they for real...trust worthy? They've got some "to good to be true" looking deals on cruises and hotels and I'd like to know if anyone else has used them to book their Carnival cruise or anything else. Thanks a bunch.

We bid and won a trip on Celebrity for a good price. Make sure you scroll down and get all the costs - but yes they are for real. I have had a few questions and they always email back with answers within 24 hours. Do the research and if you find something you like - go for it.
Karen

I juts bid and won a cruise on them. They could not book the dates I requested and did not charge my card. Looking for another at a good price now. I have PCD and want to go again before the VV cruise in Oct 05. I have bought 3 or 4 cruises from them and not had a problem.

I think I just asked the same question! I won an auction on the Nov 13, 04 Triumph and got a great price for an outside cabin. You have to be very careful when bidding as the bidding is always fast and furious in the last 10 minutes before the auction ends and you can lose the bid if you are not watching. If you have the automatic bid set to the very limit you are willing to pay, it always seems like someone will beat your bid by a $1. By watching the bidding in the last 10 minutes I was able to outbid the other bidders and only go over what I originally set as my limit by $5! I have paid for my cruise, (which once paid, is non refundable per Sky Auction), but I still wonder if I have done the right thing. If there are price reductions, you won't get them and if I want to add a third person to my cabin, instead of paying a 3rd/4th person rate, I would have to pay the same rate that I won the auction for. I got a good rate, but it wasn't that good! Just some things to think about before you bid.

Good Luck!

Skyauction is for the well informed and not the first time cruiser. We will be taking the first cruise we booked with them in Sept. I was happy with the end result. Paid $798 total for 3 people on the Holiday for 5 nights. that is $53.20 per person per day. Not bad.

They responded to my emails within 24 hours unless it was a weekend. Don't get carried away with the bidding or you will over pay and lots of times the same cruise will show up again within a couple of days.

I won a week long cruise 505pp for a 4a gaurntee on the Conquest 9/12. We booked 2 people and then won a similar auction for the same cruise. Booked 3 people into that cabin. We asked that the two auctions be linked together because we were traveling together. found out today 7/21 that we have been upgraded from the 4a auction that we won to 6a ajoining cabins. We are thrilled. This is the annual girls trip and it just keeps getting better.

I used Skyauction last year, won a bid for the Glory Eastern! We paid $450 pp TOTAL. Saving about $200 pp. For another $200 pp I got us a balcony cabin gty so I paid $650 pp for a balcony at that time the balcony's were going for $900 - $1100 pp, we ended up with a 8C balcony. So I saved a ton on the balcony upgrade! It doesn't seem they are doing them that cheap anymore, but I never had any issues. I also just got a trip from them, we are flying to St Maartens for a week in October, we got a 1 BR condo with Air for $1900. Flying from Denver is between $1700 - $1850 so I think we got a great deal for that one. Have never had any issues with them. I originally tried to book a Xmas Cruise on Costa with them, but the CC I had on file I had reported lost so they couldn't hit it. I was waiting for the new one to show up so I could pay and they told me to just rebid (the prices wasn't great but about $50 total cheaper than online) so they never charged me for anything not even the cancellation fee! I ended up booking the Legend with my Carnival PVP.

Archived